night breeze

a/n: I'm back! Thank you all so much for the positive feedback in my other works, it always makes my day to see that people enjoyed what I rambled and what goes on in my head, haha! I wrote this killugon thingy a while ago as a birthday present for the wonderful kufe on ao3, u can go check them out if u want to:) This is mostly fluff and comfort, something light while I work on the leopika thing! But enough of me, enjoy!
P.S.: Both Gon and Killua are aged-up in this:))

1.04am

Killua: yo, you asleep

Gon: nope! was just thinking about you :)

Killua: what
Killua: that's embarrassing
Killua: ok nvm
Killua: so uhh you up for a walk or smth?

Gon: sure!
Gon: nightmares again? :(

Killua: uh yea kinda

Killua knew exactly which steps on the stairs to avoid when making his way down, trying not to wake anyone from the household. He might be the quietest of all assassins, but a creak at this time of the night would still wake up Bisky or his sisters. Holding his wallet in his teeth, he pulled a black hoodie that Gon had given him years ago over his head. His eyes wandered around the room as he adjusted the hood and ruffled through his white hair. It had gotten rather long, but Gon said it was pretty and fun to make braids with, and if Gon says something was pretty, you kept it.

Even before he could reach the bottom he spotted his best friend grinning up at him, holding up his thumbs and reassuring a clear path. The eyes that lit the room up even in this darkness automatically evoked a shy smile on Killua's lips, and a blush crept on his cheeks when he noticed the other boy wearing an old hoodie of his. The green one, of course. Gon, as oblivious as always, muffled a laugh behind his sleeve and gestured towards the door.
“You almost tripped.”
“What?” A hissed whisper.
“You almost tripped!” More choked laughter.
“Did not!”
“Yes, you-”
“Idiot, let's get out of here.” And with that, Killua pushed a giggling Gon out in the cold air.

"So... do you wanna get pizza?"
They were walking on the road, in the light of the street lamps and the moon. Fresh autumn air hugged their shoulders, and their elbows brushed as they walked closer to unintentionally keep themselves warm.
"I mean... I did just have a nightmare. Might just fill the void with bread."
Killua smirked and side-eyed a concerned Gon, who just looped his arm around Killua's and gave him a reassuring squeeze. Killua's face was burning, thank God it was dark.
"Do you want to talk about it?"
"No. God, no."
"Then let's get pizza. I checked a place out the other night which is still open. We can get even get you one without pineapples."
"Ew!", Killua laughed and jokingly shoved Gon away from his side. (...and would never admit that he instantly regretted the loss of contact). "Only weirdos like you enjoy pineapples on their pizza!"
"Oh, come on, Killu, sausage isn't any better!"
"We've been over this-"
"Shh, you're waking the neighbors."

It was Killua's idea to order the pizza for take away, but Gon's idea to lead them to an old stone bridge a few blocks away from their home. And he was right, it turned out very calming and quiet to sit on the reels with the faint lights of the city shining in the distance. This kind of night "escapes" as they liked to call them, were a rather common appearance. If one of them was not feeling well, they had figured out that it was best to deal with it together. They took turns in paying for the food and choosing the place to spend the rest of the night at. It usually turned out in a deserted place that Gon had discovered while 'somehow getting lost in the neighborhood every now and again', and they sat there, and ate their food, and talked their way back to reality. Sometimes it took more effort, sometimes they just had to banter and eat and reminisce and forget.