Chapter 3... The hospital trip

They finally arrived at the hospital . After a twenty minuet ride which felt like twenty hours to them all. All of them were scared of what the outcome would be. Dougie jumped out of the car with a bit of change to pay for the parking. He came back with the ticket. He looked into his mums eyes and said "everything will be fine mum" she smiled and replied " I know love" his little sister Georgia said " mummy , you will get better soon because I made you a get well soon card remember?" Dougie and his mum looked at each other and giggled. " come on then let's go in" Dougies mum said. And off they went into the hospital.

It was so warm hat day, the news said that it was record breaking. The hospital was a five minuet walk away from we're the car was parked. As they were walking they were getting hotter as the sun was beaming down on their skin. Sweat started dripping down Dougies face. He felt it run down his forehead so he wiped it with his arm. They arrived in the very cool hospital with a sigh of relief that they were out of the sun.

They made their way through the hospital looking were Dougs mum was supposed to be. They were all wishing the best for his mum as she had been very Ill for many months and they just wanted everything to be fine again, just like it used to be. "urg I hate the smell of this place" Dougie said to his mum whilst his sister clung onto his had walking through the blue corridors with poster of how to look after your self hanging off the walls and hand wash next to every door you saw.

They finally found the room they were supposed to be at, they stood outside the door. "this is it" Dougies mum whispered to herself. Dougie looked at his mum and said once again "everything will be fine" she smiled and nodded and placed her slightly moist knuckle on the door and knocked. "come in" Dr prince said to the family.

They all entered the room with a very nervous looks on all of their faces. The doctor looked up at them and told them to take a seat. "I hope everything is ok, why did he tell us to sit down if it wasn't, surly It wouldn't take long all he had to say was if she was fine or not" all these bad thoughts went through my best mates mind. He was absolutely terrified of what the outcome would be." nice to see you all again" said Dr Prince. "come on the , is she fine or not?" Dougie shouted he always used to shout when he wanted to know something which he didn't. " shh Dougie" his mum said whilst kicking him slightly under the table to catch his attention" Dr Prince had a little giggle to himself. " everything is going to be fine , he surgery went perfect and the cancer cells shouldn't come back , however to make sure your going to have to come back in a couple of months for some tests just to be sure.

They all had a massive cheesy grim upon their face when they found out the excellent news. Dougies mum grabbed both of her children so tight they couldn't breath. "I.I told you mum" Dougie said as he went blue in the face"let go mum I think I'm gunna die" " ye me to mum" said Georgia. She realised them still with the large cheesy grin on her face.

The doctor said that the family could leave now giving Dougs mum a slip with a date and time on of her next appointment. " thank you dr for making sure I'm okay you made me and my family extremely happy" said Dougies mum. Dougie stood up and shuck the doctors hand and headed off to the door.

They were all leaving the hospital the happiest they had ever been since Dougies dad died.

Not one of their facial expressions changed at all that day.

They all headed back to the car which still had 3 hours left on the parking. They didn't know how long they would be so they paid for 4 hours. They all got in the car and put on their seat belts. "right kids , where do you want to go? I'm taking you out for a meal" Dougie jumped in ," Nandos , I need to lose my virginity!" " what's virginity" Georgia asked. Dougie laughed and said never mind , wait till you,re older to find out". So they headed to Nandos.

They all took a seat at the nicest chicken restaurant on the planet, well that's how Dougie described it after he had eaten his. And ate.  

After they had eaten it was time for Dougie to me me and the rest of the guys for a trip surfing.

"bye mum, bye Georgia" Dougie said had he left the restaurant to have a fun time with his friends. And to tell them the good news about his mum. So off he went.

</pre>