Chapter 7- Like Clockwork

Neville's P.O.V:

"Its everywhere"

I heard my voice quiver. Thick scarlet blood coated the carpet, the bed linen, the dresser. Everything was smeared with Draco's blood. Beside me Comet had collapsed and Rose was tending to her whilst also sobbing. I was glued to my place. How, what, when, why?

"Come on sweetie" I heard Rose softly coach Comet into another room.

I snapped out of my daze and began to clean the room by magic. Eventually everything was free of the thick liquid. I scoured the area in case there was any evidence of the 'man'. Wait, Man? Didn't Comet say Draco was here by himself? How did she know it was a man that took him away?

'She's lying' I fell back against the doorframe as a voice echoed inside my thoughts.

"What?" I said aloud.

'Neville?'

"How do you know my name?" By this time I had stumbled to the other side of the room searching for someone. The voice grew softer the farther I was away from the lounge room.

'Its Rose!'

I ran to the lounge and there was Rose, standing to face me, and Comet beside her with a wand at her jugular.

"Ah, so father was correct? You two are connected then? More than we expected. Not just through body but mind." She smirked at me, evil laced in her words and in her glare. "Oh sweetie, don't look so confused, your mind was a breeze to read." She winked at me.

"Comet, don't do this." I took a small step forward before Comet squeezed at Rose' arm tighter.

'Neville, your wand, take out your wand.' Her eyes were so calm. 'With me, say the Imperius Curse'

"One last chance Comet" I looked to her thoughtfully but the response was nothing but intolerant and with that,

"Imperio!" For a brief second Comets grip loosened and Rose managed to slip out of it. Though strangely the curse didn't last and once the curse had lifted Comet disaparated.

"She's gone." Rose said seemingly stunned.

"Nevermind her, since when did you know we could communicate telepathically?"

"I didn't", She shrugged, "I was thinking in my head and you happened to answer."

"Huh." I was utterly stumped.

"So what do we do now?" Her question puzzled me further because frankly, I hadn't a clue.

"There must be something we can do", Her voice began to quiver. I pulled her into a hug which always worked out perfectly because I was significantly taller and she was able to snuggle into me.

"Rose, we'll find Draco, we'll find him and Comet too, and we'll figure this out"

"But what if we don't Neville", she sobbed into my chest, "What if they find us first? They know about our connection, they know about my power, they sure as hell want to do something with it as we just saw, and I'm sure they'll figure out yours as well."

I froze. My power? I don't have any power. I'm a simple wizard.

"What power?" I slightly adjusted to see her face.

"I wasn't going to tell you, I wanted you to figure it out for yourself as I did, but..." she trailed off.

"What power Rose?" I clutched her waist.

"Okay! Okay. Helemency." She saddened.

"What is that?"

"The power to exude memories from spirits", She stared blankly over my shoulder, "Only four wizards I know can do it. It isn't supernatural, it's a part of your power that mutates when you are born." She looked directly in the eyes, "I can do it too. And so could Dumbledore, and Voldemort."