Prologue

• Dedicated to The Two That Made It All Happen

Prologue

            You should never assume that every day is going to go the way you plan. Or that all plans have happy outcomes. Or that the answer you are originally given is the correct one. Sometimes, it only takes one text message to destroy all three of those things. Your hopes. Your dreams. Your heart. They can all be destroyed with the click of a button.

            Sometimes, we don’t know why bad things, hurtful things, happen to us. We ask why, but there is no answer. A lot of times, we wonder why for a long time. Other people try and tell us, but it just doesn’t sink in. Some people understand everything while others understand nothing. That’s just the way it is.

            Although this may seem hard to believe, everything happens for a reason. These reasons can be as simple as this. You may just need practice with the hard things in life. But then there’s a flip side: The complex reasons. The truth about these types of reasons is that no one knows the answer, but there might not be one. Or at least not a straight forward one.

            Many people not only wonder why bad things happen, but why people make those things happen. Some of the questions that people ask are as follows. What would possess a person to do that? Did I do something to deserve that? Do they really care about me? And then we try and think of possible answers like: Well, maybe they didn’t mean to do it. Maybe they just didn’t want to hurt me. The ironic thing about that is, they did. But anyway, I don’t think I did anything to them. I wish they would tell me if that’s not the case. The last question can have a few answers. Of course they care about me. They always did. They’re my friend. OR Maybe they don’t care about me. Maybe they were just acting.

            I went through all of those stages once. Here’s my story. I will be telling the story because I want you to feel as if you’re living the story, and that I am talking to you. Throughout my story, I had one question: Where do broken hearts go?