16

emerson

emerson

"what's funny?!"

"dude you sound crazy," jack comments, "and you're being an asshole."

"don't push me jack. i'm not in the mood."

"clearly," i mumble but he still hears me and whips his head towards me,

"i should have known moving you out from minnesota would put you in this situation. you don't know anyone but the boys. i just never thought you'd do this. i bet you were gonna sleep with him, huh?"

"what? okay this isn't you jo. what's going on?"

"nothing! i finally have my eyes open to what's been going on right in front of my face," he snaps.

"bro we're just friends. firstly, i wouldn't go after your ex. secondly, gabbie and i just broke up. i'm only worried about focusing on myself and lav right now, and you know that. i don't know who you have in your ear but this is bullshit and-"

"jack maybe you should go... i need to talk to jonah alone. but thank you so much for the food," i interrupt before jack says something he'll regret. i can see how upset this situation is making him.

"he'll probably be back around tonight anyway," jonah scoffs.

"that's literally enough. i've had it up to here with you lately!" i'm nearing my breaking point. i don't understand why he's acting this way but i have a feeling it has to do with his girlfriend.

jack grabs his stuff before saying goodbye to me and leaving.

jonah stands up against the counter with his arms crossed, staring me down. i do the same; waiting and daring for him to say something.

but he doesn't so i ask the one question that's been on my mind since the second he walked into the house, "where is noah?"

"tate is watching him. is that a problem?"

"you know what, yes it is. usually i'd say no but do you not see how she treats him?! do you even care?" i ask desperately.

"she shows nothing but love for him. she told me you'd do this, try to turn me against her and make her the bad guy. you're so fucking jealous and it-"

"jealous?!" i laugh hysterically.

he frowns but nods assuredly, "why are you laughing?"

"jonah the last thing i am is jealous. you think i'm still holding onto a relationship that you so willingly wanted out of? not to mention how you've been treating me lately. we were on good terms and then you go and act like this!"

"because you're fucking around with my bandmates!"

-