Part 19

Teyha's Pov
   I woke up and Bryce wasn't laying with me. I looked around and then heard laughing. It was coming from the play room. I walked towards the room and peeked my head around the corner. When I looked in, I saw River on Bryce's shoulders and he was laughing away. He reached up and touched the ceiling and giggled. Bryce looked and noticed me.
Bryce- Look, River, mommy came to play.
Bryce sent River down and he ran to me. He grabbed ahold of my legs and held on real tight.
River- Good morning, mommy. I missed you. Me and daddy have been playing Rocket Ship. I went up and touched the stars.
He pointed at the ceiling and smiled.
River- Do you wanna play Rocket Ship, mommy?
Teyha- I'd love to bud.
I lifted River up onto my shoulders and made blast off noises after he counted down from 10. We played for a bit and then I left the two and went and made some sandwiches. Soon enough I see Bryce and River walking up to where I am.
River- May me and daddy have one?
Teyha- Of course.
Bryce took two and handed one to River. They sat down at the counter and starting munching on their sandwiches. I joined them and we all talked about school. River starts in a month. He is going to school with Octavia. He is actually excited. Once they were done Bryce laid River down for a nap, while I cleaned up our mess. He came back and helped a little. He went into the living room and plopped on the couch. He pulled up Netflix and put on Rachid.
Teyha- What is this about?
Bryce- Well, watch it with me and find out.
I rolled my eyes jokingly and sat down next to him. We watched the whole show and then I got up to stretch.
Bryce- So, did you like it?
Teyha- Yeah, it was really good. Most shows you pick around.
Bryce gasped.
Bryce- I'm offended.
I laughed and went to River's room. He was sitting on his bed, wide awake playing his iPad.
Teyha- Well, good morning sunshine.
River- Hi, mommy. I'm just playing BitLife.
Teyha- BitLife huh? Is that good to play at your age?
River- No. I'm sorry. You told me last time. I should have listened.
I smiled real wide and he noticed.
River- Why are you so happy? I didn't listen to you.
Teyha- You are such a honest and good kid. I love you.
I hugged him tight.
Teyha- You remind me of Larray.
A tear dripped down my cheek. River wiped in and hugged me.
River- Mommy. Don't cwy. I wuve you. I don't wike when you're sad. It makes me sad.
I just looked into his eyes and smiled.
River- Mommy. You are bootiful when you smile.
He kissed me cheek and got off the bed. He headed out the door and I just watched. That's my son. I could have never wished for anything better. I just looked at the floor and cried a bit. I wiped my eyes and walked out the door. I made sure it didn't look like I was crying. I went into the living room and River was sitting with Bryce. When River say me her headed for the play room.
River- Imma go play daddy. Bye mommy.
Teyha- Bye.
Bryce- Bye buddy.
I sat down next to Bryce on the couch. He looked at me and I knew something was up.
Teyha- Yes?
Bryce- River told me.
Teyha- He is too intelligent.
Bryce- I know, but that isn't the point. You don't need to cry. Me and River are here for you. And we will love you no matter what.
Bryce kissed me and wrapped into a tight, warm hug.
Teyha- I love you, Bryce Hall. How was I so lucky to have you as a husband.
River ran to the couch and jumped on top of me. He hugged us in a hug.
River- No mommy. How was I so lucky to have you as my mommy and you as my daddy.
Bryce- I could never ask for more.
He said kissing River's forehead and kissing me. Thank you world.

Hope you enjoyed 😊