Chapter 6

"Mama, may I borrow Grandma's cook book?"

"Why on earth do you want Grandma's cook book?" asked Little My, who was sat on the counter, swinging her legs backwards and forwards. "Of course you can Moomin it is on the third shelf," the voice of Moominmama came from somewhere within the house. Moomin reached up the mahogany shelf and pulled down the red leather-bound book, "I'm going to make Snufkin pancakes," said Moomin, placing the book down on the table. "How come you never make me pancakes, Moomin?" asked Little My, retriving ingredients from the cupboards. "I'll make you some for your birthday, My."

"No, I think I'll pass, you always burn them."

"Hey!"

🍂

Moomintroll walked towards Snufkin's campsite, a plate of blueberry pancakes in his paws. "Snuf can I talk to you?" asked Moomintroll. He could see the outline of vagabond, hatless and sniffling. "I have pancakes..." Moomin bribed.

What felt like an entirty later, Snufkin appeared in the entrance of the tent, his eyes red with recently dried tears. "I suppose I'm a bad friend," lamented Snufkin, taking the plate of Moomin and placing it on his lap, "You've been planning this for years, haven't you? And I just on and ruined it. Me and my selfish feelings."

It felt odd, to Moomin, to see his friend like. Snufkin, who pushed his emotions to the side in favour of level-headedness. Snufkin, who dried Moomin's tears with the hem of his dress, and played his harmonica on even the most miserable days.
"What?" asked Moomintroll incredulously, "I'm the bad one. I planned this party without even thinking of whenever you would enjoy it or not. I'm so sorry Snuf, could you ever forgive me?"

The sat there for a few minutes. There was an air about them, one filled with untold secrets and things only a fool would ever dream of saying, least he not fall madly in love. Snufkin sighed happily, "Yes, of course I can."

🍂

Another short chapter. Sorry about that.