Chapter 4.

In the family temple, a glowing spirit appeared. It was the first ancestor. He turned to a small dragon shaped incense burner.

First Ancestor: "Mushu, awaken!"

The little dragon came to life.

Mushu: "I live! So, tell me what mortal needs my protection, Great Ancestor. Just say the word and I'm there."

First Ancestor: "Mushu! These are the family guardians. They..."

Mushu: "Protect the family."

First Ancestor: "And you, o demoted one?"

Mushu: "I ring the gong."

First Ancestor; "That's right. Now, wake up the ancestors."

One by one, the spirits of the Fa Ancestors appeared.

Ancestor 1: "I knew it! That Mulan was a troublemaker from the start!"

Ancestor 3: "She's trying to help her father."

Ancestor 4: "But if she's discovered, Fa Zhou will be forever shamed. Dishonor will come to the family. Traditional values will disintegrate."

Ancestor 7: "Let a guardian bring her back."

First Ancestor: "Silence! We must send the most powerful of all."

The First Ancestor turned to Mushu.

First Ancestor: "Now, awaken The Great Stone Dragon."

Taking his gong with him, Mushu made his way to the courtyard, where the statue of The Great Stone Dragon sat. When there was no response, Mushu climbed onto the statue and hit the dragon's ear with his gong. To his surprise, the ear came off in his hand.

Mushu: "Uh-oh."

Mushu tried to stick the ear back on, but cracks began rippling across the dragon. Before he knew it, The Great Stone Dragon was a pile of ruble.

A moment later, The First Ancestor called from the temple.

First Ancestor: "Great Stone Dragon, have you awakened?"

Despite, Mushu picked up the biggest piece of the dragon, its head, and held it up in front of him. The First Ancestor didn't noticed his trick.

First Ancestor: "Go! The fate of The Fa Family rests in your claws."

Mushu: "That's just great. Now what?"

A tiny figure hopped onto the ruble. It was Cri Kee. He chirped to Mushu about Mulan.

Mushu: "Go get her? What's the matter with you? (Gasps) Wait a minute. That's it! I'll make Mulan a war hero, and they'll be begging me to come back to work. That's the master plan. Oh, you done it now, man."

Cri Kee chirped and hopped off toward the gate. Together, they set off on the road, to adventure.