~ Missing The Past. ~

(Note: The divider I use for this story represents a heartbeat line.)

♥√v^√v^√♥

The future. The time where things are more difficult, the time which always seems to need saving, the time I live in. Sure, it's nice at times. But it usually doesn't stay that way for long. Things in the past are always changing our future in positive and negative ways. Even the smallest thing can have a major effect on us.

Blaze visits the future decently often to help me out. Her and I both know it's impossible to save the future, but we can at least postpone the inevitable! At least, that's how I view it. Everyone knows how optimistic I am! 

'I want to visit the past... But why?'

It was kind of strange for me to want to go visit the past all of a sudden... Maybe I wanted to see Sonic and Shadow? No... What about Amy? No, that's not it...

"Silver!"

I snapped my head towards the direction of the voice and saw Blaze dashing towards me.

"What's wrong, Blaze?"

"Nothing's wrong, we have visitors from the past." She stated calmly. The vibe she gave to me changed pretty quickly from urgent to relaxing.

'I was just thinking about the past... What's going on? This can't just be a coincidence, can it?'

"What are they here for?" I levitated myself off of the building I was standing on and down towards Blaze.

"They want us to visit the past. Nothing urgent." Blaze noticed the cautious look on my face.

"Let's go!" My happiness overcame any awareness I had before as Blaze and I went off to go meet up with the visitors.

♥√v^√v^√♥

"Hey, Silver! Long time no-" Sonic made his way over to me once I safely landed on the ground in front of him.

"Miss. Blaze!" I looked over to my right to see Cream, who I heard was a really sweet girl and friends with Blaze, rush over to my best friend and hug her tightly.

"H-Hello, Cream!" Blaze was stunned by the hug, but returned it after a couple of seconds.

"Silver. Blaze." Shadow nodded as he looked over at the both of us from the spot he was standing at far to my left.

"It's been a while, Silver!" Amy extended her arm out and I shook her hand.

"How many of you came here?" I chuckled nervously as I looked over everyone once again.

"Let's return to the others! You can't miss this party for the world, Silver!" Sonic patted my shoulder and performed Chaos Control with Shadow to open a portal to the past.

"Party for the world?!?" I stood there in shock. People had parties for the world? Someone owned the world now? What was going on in the past?

"It's a saying, Silver." Amy kindly informed me with a shrug.

"Oh."

♥√v^√v^√♥

"You know what today is?" Sonic asked me as we were walking towards an area in the past I didn't know of.

"No."

"It's The Chaotix's Anniversary!" 

"... Excuse me?" The Chaotix? That sounded... Familiar? Weren't anniversaries for married couples or something?

"Mr. Vector and his team first formed their team today!" Cream added on to Sonic's previous statement, as realization hit me.

"Are they detectives?" 

"Yep! You know them, so I thought you'd like to come!" Sonic grinned as he ran ahead of the rest of us.

"How much longer?" Blaze asked our past friends curiously.

"Roughly two minutes, Princess." Shadow scowled, unhappy with something.

"Shadow, be respectful! She's a Princess!" Amy judged him like he was her child and he just hit someone for no reason.

"I hate getting dragged into things."

♥√v^√v^√♥

Soon enough, we arrived at a nice looking house. A sign at the front of the building read: "Chaotix Detective Agency." The sign on the door said: "Closed."

"They're closed." I pointed out the obvious.

"Yeah, because they're not working today. They're celebrating, silly!" Amy gave me a light pat on the back as Sonic opened the door.

"Look who's here~!" Sonic, Amy, and Cream stepped into the building before the rest of us and dragged me in with them. Shadow and Blaze followed, while chatting about Chaos and Sol Emeralds.

"Silver! Blaze!" Charmy sped a few laps around me in a circle with a huge smile.

"Hey, Charmy!" I greeted the cheerful bee, he was certainly more happy than usual today.

"Hey, Silver!" Vector waved at me from the food table, where he was currently talking with Knuckles.

"Vector, it's been a while!"

"You made it."

My eyes darted around the room, but I saw no sight of the owner of the voice I heard. Out of nowhere, Espio popped up in front of me.

"You better get used to that!" Charmy laughed as he watched me jump a little.

"So... How have you all been?" I nervously fidgeted with my hands, unsure of what to say or do. It wasn't everyday I attended these sort of things.

"Good!" Charmy buzzed off, just like that he was back in the crowd of my friends.

I didn't really know what to do, so I just stood around at the door awkwardly and looked around. Vector was setting things up at the DJ Table, Knuckles and Rouge were at the food table, and Shadow and Omega were chatting in a corner. Amy and Cream were trying to get Blaze to dance. Sonic, Tails, and Charmy were all already dancing. I saw an Armadillo and a Squirrel talking near the right side of the room we were currently in.

"Looking for something?"

Espio popped up once again out of nowhere, this time by my right side.

"H-Hey! Don't scare me like that." I was holding back a nervous laugh.

"Are you enjoying the party?"

"How long have you been there?" I didn't mean to avoid his question, I was just curious.

"The last 5 minutes."

"You've been camouflaged, standing by my right side, for 5 whole minutes. Why?"

"Practicing my skills. It seems I've been camouflaging right."

'What? Why would he be practicing his skills at his own Anniversary, instead of relaxing and having fun? He's always working hard, why doesn't he take a break for a day?'

"If I had a day off, I'd take it." I just said what was on my mind.

"Never let your guard down. You never know when someone will attack." He responded to me in almost a warning tone.

"I'm kind of surprised Eggman hasn't crashed this party yet."

"Exactly. There's no doubt he will."

"And if he doesn't?"

"... Then that would be strange behavior which I would need to investigate."

'He's stubborn, I'll give him that.'