Part 10: Demon chick

I went back to The Dark Sun church to find those hooded motherfuckers to get some info about the demon god that possessed my body. When I arrived there the church was empty, the underground rooms were also empty, they were all gone. Great. I had no lead to find the demon bastard. This was going to be more difficult than originally planned.

Going around the inhabited planets surrounding Earth, I scouted for any demonic activity, but I had no luck. Deimos was causing trouble somewhere, but I couldn't do anything about it. I asked around, but again, no one had any clues. When I used to bounty hunt the criminals were much easier to find because they were physical creatures, but I never hunted a spirit before.

I had to do it. I had to convince Rick to help me. As I said physical creatures were easier to find so this wasn't a problem. I entered the strip club on planet Deroxx and sure enough there he was.

Rick groaned and rolled his eyes when I sat at the table on the seat across, "I said I'm done. Are you braindead or something?" He started to leave, but I grabbed his hand.

"You have to help me. I can't do it without you." I said.

He took his hand back, "What the fuck is it with you and killing this demon? I thought you didn't care about anyone, but yourself."

"Deimos is free and it's all my fault. I have to fix it." I answered, "This is my character development arc."

"Well good for you, I don't have one of those." He finished his drink before getting up and walking out of the club, "My hero phase expired a long time ago." 

I got up and followed him, "I can pay you. How much money do you want?"

"I don't care about your money!" He yelled.

"Then how about..." Stepping in front of him I moved my hands from his shoulders down his chest, "something else?"

He raised an eyebrow, "You're bribing me with sex?"

"Is it working?" I whispered.

He grabbed my hands and pushed me away, "Here, let's make a deal. I make you a device to track him and you leave me alone?" 

Better than nothing, I guess. "Okay, deal." 

We went back to his house and after several minutes of fiddling with different wires and metal bits, he was done with it and handed me the device.

"Thank you." I said.

He spun me 180 degrees and pushed me out of the garage, "You're very welcome, see you never." 

"Rick." I turned back to look at him, "You really don't want to see me again?"

"That's what I just said." 

I have to be honest, my heart sank. As mush as I hate to admit it, I warmed up to him and it sucked, "I thought we had a moment in my room."

He raised an eyebrow, "I'm not into demon chicks. Bye."

The garage doors closed. I sighed in disappointment, but at least I had this device now. After pushing the 'ON' button, the device beeped a couple of times before the screen showed a dot on it with the planet name also displayed. I hopped into my ship and headed there.

When I arrived on the planet Fo34J I got out of the ship. I was surprised I could breathe and there was oxygen on the surface. The land was mostly barren, the far and wide showed nothing but a flat desert made of sand and rock with the occasional cave and sinkhole. I looked at the tracking device in my hand to make sure I was on the right planet. There was complete silence except the soft sounds of a breeze. 

"Deimos!" I called out, but nothing happened. I waited and called out for another few minutes before giving up. The device still said he was here, but there was nothing. As I started to leave the ground underneath me started shaking and I fell down. Holes in the ground started opening and I managed to dodge the decaying zombie alien hand that attempted to grab me. I got back on my feet and ran to my ship, but I was too late. A giant sinkhole opened and my ship fell straight down and melted into a pool of plasma acid. I gawped, "You gotta be kidding me..."

"Good to see you again, my favorite vessel." A raspy voice was heard behind me. Deimos possessed the body of one of the alien corpses. 

"I wish I could say the same." I commented sarcastically.

The ground shook again so more and more of Daimos' undead army were rising. I might have fucked up.