bts night, 𝐚. 𝐛𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐲

y/n <3

i open the door to the elementary school my mother works at  and made my way to her class. she's a first grade teacher. we recently just moved to cali from arizona, my dad got a new job, and it's a bonus cause i get to get more recognized by scouts for volleyball.

anyways today was back to school day and my mom wanted me to help her out after i was done with school work. i walked in her class and saw he set up the tables and the snacks.

i quickly grabbed a cookie, and was immediately smacked on the hand. i frown. she gave me a look, "don't do that." she said rolling her eyes. "but mommy, i'm hungry. you forced me to come help you, and you won't feed me?" i groaned.

she ignored me. "how was school? you like it?" she asked. i shrug my shoulders. "it's whatever, and no i didn't make any friends." i said knowing she was gonna ask.

"well why not?" she asked. "cause i don't like people." i said helping her put the papers. she sucked her teeth. "you miss arizona." she asked knowing the answer. "of course." i said.

"when does it start?" i asked her. "6:30." she said. i looked at the time, and it was 6:20. "ok so um i want you at the syllabus table, and if they have any questions, i want you to answer them." she said pointing. i groaned. i dragged my feet to the table. i sat down and saw people start coming in with their children.

i knew some of the kids already, since i'm always here. i took my phone out and scrolled through twitter. i heard someone semi yell my name in the cutest voice. i look up and see it's savannah. savannah is my favorite out of all my mom's students. i smile. she opened her arms. we hug each other.

"hi savannah." she pulled away. "you haven't visited in weeks." she said overreacting like i wasn't here a couple of days ago. "i was just here a couple of days ago." i said laughing. "but it felt like forever." she said sighing.

"savannah stop talking to random people." i heard a voice say. i look up and raised my eyebrows. i look at who the voice came from and i found a lightskin male, he looked kind of familiar but i brushed it off.

"she's not random people amari, don't be rude." she said getting smart with i'm guessing amari. "y/n this is my brother amari." she said rolling her eyes. i chuckled. "amari this y/n, now she's not random." she said giggling and smiling.

i look up to amari, and he looked at me. i slightly smiled, acknowledging him. he nods his head. " amari. savannah, over here." i heard another voice call. i turn to see who the voice belonged to, and it was this gorgeous woman that resembled both amari and savannah.

"my mom's calling us, see you after." i smile. she's the cutest thing ever. i put my phone away and i watched the presentation my mom set up on the board. i felt someone burning their eyes on the side of my face.

i turned to my left and see amari looking at me. he shyly smiled cause i caught him. i smile awkwardly. i looked back to the board. i realized he's the guy in my calculus class, i've never really talked to him. well i haven't really talked to anyone.

i was in locked in my thoughts when a line began to form in front of my table. i passed out the syllabus to them as they came in front of me, and answered questions if they had any. "you're welcome." i said to everyone who did or didn't say thank you.

then savannah and her small family came up to my table. "hey y/n." savannah's mom says. "hi." i said cheerfully. savannah came around the table and sat on my lap. "ok you get this and you get that." she said giving them the papers, mocking me.

"ok come on savvy, leave y/n alone, we gotta get home." her mom said. she held me like she didn't want to leave. "please don't make me go with them." she said. i laugh. "go home, i'll see you tomorrow." she smiled and did a little dance. "bye y/n!" she said skipping to her mom and brother.

"sorry." her mom said. "it's fine." i shrugged. savannah and her mom walked out the class. i look up and see amari. "you're in calculus 2B right?" he asked me. "um yeah." i said. "that's why you looked familiar, i'm in 2B too." he said.

"yeah, i guess i'll see you tomorrow." i said. "yeah." he smiled and walked off. he was kinda cute, never noticed until now. "and who's that?" my mom said coming to the table i sat at. "savannah's brother, amari." i said answering her question. "mmhmm." she said humming.

"what i don't even know him, he's in my calculus class though." i shrugged. "yeah whatever. there's left over cookies." she said pointing at them. i quickly ran over to them and starting eating them. she shook her head.

- next day -

i walk out of my first period and headed to my locker to grab my calculus materials. i accidentally drop my calculator, i rushed to pick it up, but i bump heads with something. "shit." i groaned. "i'm so sorry, i was just trying to pick the calculator up." i hear a familiar voice say.

i looked up holding my head. i saw amari, "it's fine." i grabbed my calculator and closed my locker door. he was still standing there i guess waiting for me. i slightly smiled. we walked to calculus together. when we got there we saw that the teacher wasn't there, we grabbed the work from the front desk and just sat in the back.

"i'm guessing you're smart, sophomore taking calculus?" he said. "i took a few extra classes, it's whatever." i said shrugging. "aren't you a sophomore?" i asked raising my eyebrows. he nodded his head yes. "so i'm guessing you're smart?" i asked returning the question.

"eh." he said with a slight smile. "let's dip. the substitute not even paying attention." i scrunched my face. "um sir, i am not skipping with someone i don't know." i said protesting against the idea. "hi, i'm amari bailey, 16, sophomore, basketball player, now let's go."

he pulled my hand and we ran out the class. this is going to be a long day.

———————————————

eh that was alright, but everyone was asking for an amari imagine :)