The Past

At Chloe's Desk, Jake's POV:

Gina, Chloe and I went ahead to Chloe's new desk (previously Amy's) and Gina was talking to Chloe like she was unloading almost 10 years of emotion. Chloe sat down and then I again asked her, about how she knows Gina before coming to the precinct. Gina then said, "Jake, you know how we both know each other since elementary. You might also remember that for like a year and a half, I went to Arizona with my mom and joined some rando high school where I met Eleanor. She was a stone-cold bitch (in a good way obviously) and had a horrible tolerance rate that would make me seem like a freaking rabbit. Yeah, ME. And I ADMIRED that about her. She was absolutely no-nonsense. We really hit it off. And then I met Chloe who was like kinda the opposite, but she was a badass, and she probably still is. She's extremely cool. She and Eleanor could literally rule the world if they wanted to and I would be their trustee advisor. What a world that would be... Hmm, I'm imagining me in like a 24-karat gold costume and a gold bejewelled crown, and Eleanor in like a wolf cape with thigh high fur boots and Chloe with like an all-black outfit with spikes and high heels......." Gina trailed off and went on ahead to her desk. "Haha, she hasn't changed one bit, I can see that clearly." Chloe said. I then said, "Well that nearly answered my questch" Chloe chuckled and said, "Not to be rude or anything but, could you gimme a tour?" "Of what you may ask?" I replied in a flirtatious tone and that made Chloe giggle a bit and at that same moment butterflies just erupted in my stomach and I shook the giddy feeling off. I then said, "But it's a YES on the tour right?" "Sure, absolutely!" She replied. I saw Chloe take out her personal stuff and put it on the clean and empty desk opposite to me which was a small clock, a framed selfie of her and some blond girl who were sticking their tongue out and showing the middle finger apparently, haha. (I seriously think that would have happened) And then a rubber band ball, some pins, an empty binder, some pens, markers and pencils with a notepad, and a small plastic box with paper and I'm guessing bracelets and colourful clips sticking out of it. And then the BEST thing of all. I was freaking out when she pulled out a card with a BRUCE FREAKING WILLIS poster and a small napkin peeking out of it, which also had a food/coffee stain on it. I took a deep breath and asked her in the most 'calm' way possible. "WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?! DO YOU LIKE HIM?! HAVE YOU MET HIM?!" Chloe was rattled and the rest of the precinct just felt silent for the second time today, and I could see Charles rushing towards me. "Calm down Jake. Whoa, your heart is beating like 200 miles an hour! (I'm sorry, I live outside the U.S, hope that was correct) And yes, I have met him." Said Chloe when she came over to me and put her hand on my chest. "Oh yeah, yeah, I'm fine, totally fine." When I looked up, Chloe's face was like 3 inches away from mine, her hand still on my chest. (Again, sorry) I stared at her round and brown eyes and she stared back at mine, "I hear WEDDING BELLS!!" said Charles breaking the silence that lasted about 10 seconds. Chloe and I both looked at him in a why-did-you-just-say-that face if I could describe it like that. Sure, I may, probably like her but marrying her is just completely out of the question. I haven't even known her for an hour! Chloe then sat on the extra chair that was next to both our desks. "I met him when I was in the Public Affairs Unit. He had come to visit some precincts, but I don't think that the 99th precinct was one of them. Because I was at a higher level, we had a banquet at a huge private rec centre where I got to personally meet him and told him that my boyfriend, Cory was a huge fan. I obviously couldn't freak out and tell him that I loved him in front of my bosses, so he made it out to him. And, Cory wasn't really my boyfriend but actually one of my best friends who was my date since I didn't want to show up alone. He just pretended to be my boyfriend for that night. So yeah, that's how I met, to quote you, THE FREAKING BRUCE WILLIS." I was completely into her story that I didn't realise her waving at me saying, EARTH TO JAKE a few times. "Oh yeah, right, sorry. Amazing story by the way. I wish I was in place of youuu." I said dragging out the last part. And yeah, obviously I would have loved to be in her place. "Hmm, you should be thankful that you aren't. Sure, my adult life has been great so far, but my childhood was rough." Chloe said in a sad tone. I hummed in agreement, "I hear you. My dad was a huge dick (Sorry for swearing) and he cheated on my mom countless times like the whore he is (Again, sorry) and my poor mom had to work multiple jobs to support me. The only things that were there for me during those difficult times was my mom, my Nana, Gina, some of my school friends, orange soda, chips, peanuts and mayo. Ooh, and Die Hard." I chuckled awkwardly and rubbed the back of my neck remembering the good and the bad. Well, mostly the bad, since there was more bad than good. Chloe came closer to me and put her hand on my shoulder. She said, "Well, what doesn't break us, makes us stronger, doesn't it?" "Yeah, it does... Thanks Chloe." I said. I looked her in the eyes like for the fifth time today, and I saw a girl, with a not-that-great childhood, wanting to just make her life a bit better. She looked back until Sarge RUINED the moment! Thanks a lot, Sarge! "Guys, briefing room, in a minute." "Wow, all that happened in 15 minutes?! That's crazy!" Said Chloe while breaking eye contact with me and got up from the chair. I then said in my amazing 'posh' British accent, "Oh, well, that's just the tip of the iceberg, m'lady."..............
_________________________________________

Yaas I updated before the weekend!! Hope y'all like it. Pls do comment down below about any ideas y'all would like me to incorporate. Also, I would like some criticism or appreciation since it really helps me a lot. Its a bit shorter, than the last chp, though, but, I hope y'all understand Chloe a bit better now. And as Jake said, "Oh, well, that's just the tip of the iceberg, m'lady."................