Tired.

Kenma squeezed into the seat with Akari and played on his phone quietly while she watched over his slouched shoulder. Tetsurou took the back seat with Nishinoya and Tanaka and their conversation mainly revolved around cute girls they had seen at the last tournament.

"Do you want a turn?" Kenma stuttered, holding his phone towards the dark haired girl.

She smiled softly at her friend, he looked incredibly awkward but in an innocent manner.

"No, it's fine Kenma. I like watching, I'm just a bit out of it." She sighed, trying to suppress a yawn.

A ghost of a smile appeared on his face as he looked at Akari, he could make her happy.

"...uh, you can, um.. Use my shoulder to rest on if you're tired?" Kenma mumbled quietly, avoiding eye contact.

She nodded and closed her eyes, pressing her head against his shoulder. Her small arms wrapped around his elbow and her breathing became steady indicating she was now asleep. Kenma blushed and went back to his game, trying to ignore the thumping in his chest. Tetsurou was quick to notice and he pointed it out to Nishinoya and Tanaka while smirking. Soon everyone on the bus was aware of Kenma's crush (except Sugawara of course), they hoped that he would be the one to put her back together.

"Will he tell her?" Daichi whispered to the Nekoma captain.

He shook his head in response, slightly frowning.

"He had a hard time accepting his feelings because ducky was one of his first friends besides me. He either won't tell her at all or he'll wait until he's sure that she's ready to accept his feelings." He shrugged, he felt sorry for Kenma because he didn't really know how to handle his feelings.

The rest of the bus ride was quiet, Kenma put his game away and stared down at Akari's sleeping form. He smiled at her and placed a soft kiss on her hair, hoping she wouldn't stir. Tetsurou smirked at the bold move but decided to keep quiet. Sugawara watched silently, upset that his best friend hadn't spoken a word to him for a week. He was annoyed that she wasn't being supportive, she broke her promise. He felt betrayed in short.

Once the bus pulled to a stop at Karasuno, Akari jolted awake and fell forward landing face first against the seat in front of her and Kenma. She groaned and pulled herself up and fixed her uniform.

"Sorry I couldn't catch you." Kenma whispered, his words seemed to have some kind of double meaning, but Akari didn't notice. Instead she pretended that she hadn't just fallen forward and she stood up, grinning while pulling him up.

They stepped off the bus and thanked the driver, they helped the team carry their gear back to the gym as fast as they could so that they could go. After they were done, Daichi told Akari that they wouldn't be staying with her this week so that she could spend time with her Nekoma boys. She thanked the boys gratefully and promised to treat them to their next round of pork buns, which they were excited about.

"Can you guys wait out here? I have to quickly go get my bag from my classroom." Akari grinned at Tetsurou and Kenma, the nodded and stood patiently while she ran ahead. Knowing them, Tetsurou would probably follow closely.

She found her bag sitting under her desk and she slung it over her shoulder, as she walked out she bumped into a tall body and stumbled backwards.

"Sorry I wasn't watching where- Sugawara-kun?" She looked up at the teen confused.

He smiled at her and her heart fluttered, she bowed her head politely and excused herself. Her grabbed her elbow hard as she stepped around him, Akari flinched at the contact but bit her lip to keep silent.