Chapter 2

Lily's POV

When I woke up the next morning, I rolled over to check the time. It was 9am. That was not normal for me. I got up anyway and decided to get dressed. I had to go get breakfast and then meet my little sister for a proper shop for her accommodation. 

I shoved my clothes on and called an uber to take me to the nearest coffee shop. He pulled in at at an old, but homely looking café. He told me the owners were lovely and the coffee was amazing. 

I thanked him and walked towards the shop. As I opened the door, a little bell rang. It reminded me of the café back home that me and my family used to go to all the time. I instantly got hit by the smell of coffee and desserts. 

The place wasn't very busy, only a girl about my age and an older man sat in one booth together, but that was it. The woman behind the counter, who I presume was one of the owners the driver had told me about, gave me a warm smile as I neared the counter.

She had grey hair which was tied into a high bun. Her face still managed to look happy and well even with the wrinkles around her face and bags under her eyes. I gave her a small smile as I finally reached the counter. 

"Welcome, what can I get for you?" She said in English, spoken with a slight accent. 

"Can I get a coffee please and a umm... a muffin please." I said looking at the shelf with all the desserts on.

She nodded and said she'd bring it to my table. I walked over to the table next to the window. As I waited for my coffee, I scrolled through my phone and took a few photos of the shop. My sister texted me to meet her outside the campus in another and that her new room mate would be joining us. 

The lady brought my coffee and muffin over and placed them on the table. She bowed slightly and walked to check on the other two people in the shop. I assumed they were regulars as they got straight into a conversation. 

I quickly drank my coffee, ate and then payed for everything. I called for an Uber and waited outside for it to arrive. 

The drive was short and quiet. Although it was early, a lot of people were about and about. Once I arrived at her campus, I texted her saying I was outside. She shortly opened the door and climbed into the Uber, followed by a guy that looked similar age to my sister.

"Hey Lily, this is my room mate Connor. I thought it would only make sense for him to come with us since he lives there too." 

"Nice to meet you Connor I said turning around in the front seat." I said giving him a smile. 

"My pleasure." He said flashing me a cheesy grin. He had an English accent, like those actors everyone fantasizes over in the movies.

"So where too?" The driver spoke with a thick Korean accent. It was a nice accent, one of my favorites in the world actually.

"Um, the closest mall would be good." My sister spoke.

"There is one 10 minutes away if you would like to go there. It is a little expensive though." He spoke looking at me.

"That'll do." The driver nodded and reversed out the parking lot. Connor told me that he worked in music also and that he came from a Korean background. He was born in England but had Korean parents. Very similar to my sister.

I'm actually adopted. My parents are both Korean as well as my sister. I'm half Korean, half American. I was adopted at 6 and I never really knew my birth parents that well. I was told my mother had died at birth but I don't know if any of it's true. I tend not to think about it. My adopted parents are basically my birth parents to me anyway. 

We arrived into the inside car park area thing and I payed the driver. The building was huge, and was extremely busy.

"where do you wanna go first?" I asked them looking around at the hundreds of shops.

"Maybe do clothes first... maybe some household items because we need to get some lights and kitchenware. Maybe some place for posters for our rooms..." My sister rambled on whilst me and Connor just laughed. 

We went to get some store that sold every day items and found some nice things for their kitchen. The apartment had only the basics and my sister was obsessed with baking. We then went to grab some posters for her bedroom and Connor also grabbed a few from his favorite band. I also saw some I liked and bought them just in case they sold out. I didn't want to buy too much because I was still staying in a hotel for a while.

Next we went clothes shopping, I never knew what to buy because my style never stays the same so I only bought some earrings and a watch in there. Connor actually bought more than both me and Rose. He had good style though at least.

We Ubered home and then headed back out to go to the grocery shop. They bought enough food to feed the entire college but hey, what can you do. Connor bought some beers and we all headed back to the dorm. 

After a few drinks I headed back to the hotel and looked for apartments to buy. I wasn't bothered about the price or anything, it just had to be close to the college. I found one around 30 minutes away that wasn't super pricey. It had 3 bedrooms and two bathrooms, one being an en suit. I booked a showing for it tomorrow before changing clothes.

I texted my sister making sure she was okay before heading out yet again. I desperately had to buy a car instead of calling Uber's all the time. I asked the driver to take me to a car dealership near by. I was saving up for a decent car for a long time anyways.

When we pulled up I was in awe about the cars that were on show. The first car to catch my eye was a Porsche 911 in purple with pink alloys. I immediately fell in love and bought it with cash right then and there.

I drove back to the hotel, taking the long way so I could go longer in my car. When I got back, I looked at some more houses to buy. I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy an actual house or just get an apartment. I didn't really need a home, so I decided to look for apartments instead.

After a while of looking, I booked a viewing for three of them tomorrow. Until then, I didn't have much to do. Luckily, my sister was in a similar situation and invited me over to watch a movie with her and Connor. 

The movie they picked wasn't the best, so I sat on my phone most of the time scrolling through my feed. I heard my sister scream which made me jump and look up from my phone.  

"Jesus christ, you guys are gonna give me a heart attack." I said looking over at them both on the other sofa.

"How do you think we feel! You aren't even watching it." Connor said throwing a pillow at me. I catch it and stand up to use the bathroom. I hit him on the head on the way past and he yells. I grab a snack on my way back and sitting back down getting comfortable.

It was around 8pm when I finally left and got back to the hotel. I quickly got changed and jumped straight into bed. After a short 10 minutes on my phone, I felt my eyes get heavy and I fell asleep.