Chapter 1: The Club

ALICE

"Sorry, Alice, but your club needs to be dissolved. You'll be given until this afternoon to vacate your clubroom. Thank you." The Student Government President told me the moment I opened the door for him, as if he's already expecting that I'm on the other side of the door.

"Sandali lang, Pres."

"Walang sandali dito, Alice, I told you a month ago that if you want this club, at least reach the minimum members, but tingnan mo, I can even predict who's going to open the door for me." He said then crossed his arm.

Kaya naman pala..

"But.."

"I honestly don't want to hear buts, Alice, I'm a very busy person, you know that, so thank you, and please abide to the instructions. Bye."

And with that he left. Umupo na lang ako sa couch ng club at nagmunimuni, and this might be my last chance to sit here, so I'm going to take this opportunity.

"You're like twenty-four seven tired." Said the person who just entered the room.

"And you're like twenty-four seven mad."

"So what makes you tired today?" He asked.

"Dissolve na raw ang club, starting today." I answered while closing my eyes.

"Ohh! Isn't that a good thing?" 

"Good thing?! Winston, good thing? Narinig mo ba ang sinabi ko?" Napatayo talaga ako sa sinabi niya.

"Dissolve na raw ang club, starting today." he said mimicking my voice. "What's the point of continuing a club with two members? Isn't a good thing that we disbanded already, so we can find another club, or do you have any plan?" He asked while opening the small drawer of the club, taking his things.

Actually he has a point, I just don't like his word of choice.

"Finding members." Not a good answer, Alice.

"It's already on the second week of July, Al, almost every student in the campus have a club already. Sana naisip mo 'yan June pa lang."

I let out a big sigh.

"By the way, Al, how come you're the only one left here? When did you join this club?"

That's the first time I heard Winston asked something personal, or not that personal because it's still related to the club.

I stared at the banner of the club.

"I actually joined the club because of that." Pointing at the banner.

"The goal of the club? 'To a healthier mind.'"

"I joined the club last school year, when I was still in grade ten. We are originally nine here, I have five seniors in this club, and they're all in college now, four of them are taking Psychology as a course. Back to the topic, the reputation of the club was ruined the same year, when a rumor spread out in the campus that the members of the club are baliw or any synonymous word to that. The other three members left the club that year. Of course, I can't deny that people who joined here have either mental or emotional problem, but the stigma around mental health exaggerates the situation." I explained.

Natahimik si Winston, pero tinigil niya ang pag iimpake ng gamit niya.

"You don't need to react that much, after all it's all in the past now." Sabi ko, halos isang minuto na siyang nakastatwa sa harap ng drawer.

"Then thank you for sharing that to me." He said as he continued what he was doing earlier.

"So Winston."

"Hmmm."

"What's your problem? Why did you join this club?"

###

Let me know your thoughts on the comment section and show me your support through voting this. Thank you.