Chapter One: Living a Dream

It's a new day and the sun has gloriously risen. There isn't the blaring of an alarm clock, rather that of an internal alarm and the slow fluttering of Laurent's eyes who's used to waking up at this time to get up and get the day started. When he fully comes to he looks out into the sunny day he was pleasantly greeted with and also notices a small bird on the ledge of their balcony where he and Larry have spent so many romantic evenings gazing at the night stars and merely basking in each other's presence. The colorful bird is ultimately joined by another and together they begin a series of sweet chirps...beautiful music to both the ears and the soul...bringing a wave of sweet, earthly joy. Laurent sees them gaze in his direction and seemingly looking directly at him and it brings a smile to his face. Now he's watching their wings beginning to flap...an indication that they're preparing for takeoff into the sky. Heaven bound birds as gentle as the waves over wind dappled ocean water. Their brightness amid the infinite blue sky as they glide as free souls. Their figures stand prominent in the sky with small pockets of clouds to hide them. Now out of sight Laurent slowly turns his head to his sleeping love. Larry always sleeps shirtless so Laurent's eyes are getting a wonderful sight of his strongly defined shoulder and back. He quietly scoots closer and drops a soft kiss to Larry's arm...where the softness of his caramel skin graces his lips. He then begins a gentle caress on his arm and his mind opens up the time capsule to the beginning of their relationship. They never had to fight what they feel as it always felt so natural to them, regardless of objections and they were never shy about showing affection. They went everywhere together...never resisting the urge to touch and love on each other or hold hands. The stars in their eyes as they gaze endlessly at the other and the butterflies they felt in their bellies whenever one of them merely entered the room. The day they finally decided to make their love official they went to a department store and the children in them couldn't resist going to the toy department. On the floor of an aisle were two bouncy balls with a handle. Laurent went to pick two of them up then turned to hand one to Larry who smiled and said, "I don't think we can bounce on those in here unless we pay for them". Laurent merely smiled and replied, "let's take a chance". Still smiling Larry took it from him and they sat on their respective ball and begin joyously bouncing from aisle to aisle. Even actual children were looking at them in shock. Eventually a worker came over and told them in a firm voice, "you have to get off of those". Larry and Laurent looked at him then looked at each other and cackled before getting off then holding hands and running out of the store. Larry led his love to the side of the building where it could be just the two of them. The laughter continued all the way over and when they were face to face Larry's laughter began to die down as he looked at his love who was still laughing as he said, "he was really mad. Did you see his face"? Laurent's radiant smile and hearty laughter was a joy to Larry's heart, but he ultimately took his pointer finger to delicately place it over Laurent's lips whose laughter came to a stop as he gazes at his enchanted love waiting for him to speak...and when he did it was the three words that always flow so sweetly and beautifully from his lips, "I love you". Laurent looked into those bright eyes and whispered, "I love you too bebe". He then took that gorgeous face gently in his hands, spent several beautiful moments just gazing into those beautiful eyes then pulled him in for a deep kiss. When they let go Laurent looked back into those eyes and realized he was falling in love with Larry for an unknown number of times. He just has that quality about him that one can't help falling deliriously in love with him. That memory slowly fades and Laurent softly chuckles at the remembrance of it. He then looks down to get a look at Larry's profile but his eyes can't help but notice the shine of Larry's engagement ring on his left hand. Laurent smiles as he takes his finger to gently rub it...the beautiful memory of the night he proposed comes to him. It wasn't in an outside setting, rather, in their bed as Laurent made sweet love to him. Larry was underneath him slightly trembling from the tender touch of Laurent and sweet kisses on his skin...moaning and sweetly whimpering his name. Laurent stopped for a moment to look down at him. He noticed a tear trickle down Larry's temple and knowing him...knowing his beautiful heart...Laurent knew that it was merely from being so overwhelmed by the deeply intimate moment between them that his emotions took over. Laurent gently wiped the tear away with his thumb, looked back at him then whispered, "I have something to say bebe". Larry softly nodded and Laurent didn't waste another second...