04

When night time comes around, Hongjoong lays down on his bed and looks up at the ceiling. The party's in a few days and he's not sure if it's a good idea to go, but then again, he doesn't want to prove Seonghwa right.

He doesn't want him to believe he's no fun and only stays home doing homework all day instead of going out and having fun.

It's not like his opinion should matter anyways.

Just as Hongjoong's thinking, he remembers what he saw earlier today... Seonghwa kissing some boy.

"Whatever." Hongjoong shakes his head and hugs his plushie tightly. "It's none of my business."  He closes his eyes, but all he sees is that image of Seonghwa kissing the unknown boy. "You have to be kidding me." He sits up on the bed and reaches for his phone, then calls Yeosang.

"Joong, it's past eleven." Yeosang answers, sleepily.

"Sorry." Hongjoong quickly apologizes. "I just need to know something."

"What is it?"

"Do you happen to know a tall red haired guy from school?"

"I mean... by that description, there should be a lot..."

"Maybe someone in our grade?" Hongjoong asks him. Why is he even asking him in the first place? And what will he tell Yeosang when he asks him why he was even curious in the first place?

"I guess you're talking about Song Mingi... but why?"

"Well, I-" Hongjoong tries coming up with something. "I saw him earlier and I think he's cute."

"Ooo, Joong has a crush." Yeosang teases. "Wow, that was so important that you had to call me at this time?"

"You know how I get when I get curious about something. I can't sleep."

"Oh, right." Yeosang says. "Well, that's Mingi. He's in my grade and I wouldn't really suggest you have a crush on him. I know you can't control your feelings or anything, but if you can avoid catching feelings for him, it'd be for the better."

"Why?" Hongjoong asks, curiously.

"He has a thing going on with Seonghwa. They're friends with benefits and it's not official, but still... Mingi's like really overprotective of him." Yeosang says. "And by the looks of it, he does want to make it official, but something's stopping him. He's a really reserved person and won't tell Seonghwa why. They get into a lot of arguments."

"Oh." Hongjoong nods. "Well, I just thought he was good looking. It was nothing serious, but thanks Yeosang. Good night!" He hangs up before Yeosang can say anything else. "What the hell did I just do?" He facepalms himself. "Why was I even curious about that?" He thinks for a while. "I guess I was just so surprised that anyone would fall for him with that attitude of his." He nods. "That must be it."