Chapter XXIV

Dazai's pov

'N-a-k-a-h-a-r-a'

I typed in the name and clicked search.

I scrolled down the page, then went to the next, scrolled down that page, and went to the next.

"Yea, as expected," I sighed. I didn't really have any hope on finding anything about Chuuya from the internet. But if we wanted to find something, we couldn't afford to leave even the smallest stone unturned.

I stretched my arms and glanced at the side of my table. Some of my books were piled up there.

"Chibi's really not taking it easy~" I picked one up and started flipping through the pages.

Guess it's time to start giving it my all too huh.

***
A week had passed. It was now Monday. There were only three more days for the scholar competitions. Everyone who was going to be participating were studying hard. No one missed a day of school in the past week. Well, no one except our famous little Nakahara. He skipped Friday as usual, and Akutagawa being the 'Good friend' wrote down Chuuya's notes again, but refused to let me deliver them this time, insisting that Chuuya would be happier not seeing my face.

Apart from that, the scholar competition wasn't the only thing the school was in an uproar about. The following week would start off with the school festival, and everyone was sure excited about that. Well, everyone except the students who were going to be participating in the Maid café.

All the girls were forced to dress up as maids, while the guys took on the roles of cooking and the other things. Even though the girls really had no problem with that, Kunikida had ganged up against me with the other guys in our class.

"Dazai," Atsushi looked at me disappointingly. "It could have been anything else. And yet, you went ahead with a cosplay café."

"Uh-hm-" Kunikida cleared his throat. "Maid café, Atsushi. That's the keyword here. We are doing a freaking MAID CAFÉ!"

I laughed as Kunikida had me by my collar. This guy was so rattled about something that won't even last for a whole day. As I was laughing, I spotted a hint of red from the corner of my eye. Chuuya seemed to be in a rush, grabbing a book out if his bag and running out of the classroom.

"Wait-" I removed Kunikida's hands from my collar and ran after him.

Rushing down the stairs, I found him talking with Ango-sensei. Why would he be talking to him? Ango didn't even teach our class. But he did teach the older students Literature and History.

"Please Sensei," Chuuya held out his book. "I just need to get this cleared out."

"I'm sorry Nakahara, but I really have to leave now. It's kind of an emergency. Maybe I can catch you tomorrow?"

Chuuya didn't reply, he just sighed and let the teacher leave.

"Chuuya~"

"Tch, what do you want, Dazai?"

"Having some trouble I see~"

"That's none of your business, Idiot!"

"It would be if I were to help you," I smiled.

"Hah?!"

"Come on, what's got you troubled?"

"Uh... well..." Chuuya hesitated, but took the opportunity anyways. "Well, I have a few questions about......" And just like that, we had made our way to the library and I was giving Chuuya private lessons on famous Literature books he had trouble understanding. The guy was a quick learner, he picked up what I said almost instantly, and jumped to the next question just as fast, sparing no time to waste.