Day 2

Today is my first day as a nanny and I'm super nervous but excited at the same time. I made sure to get up early to allow myself plenty of time to get ready. I began by pinning my curly auburn hair out of my face. The last thing I need is to be fighting with my hair on top of the 3 children. I finished putting on makeup and getting dressed before packing a to go bag of clothes in case the kids wanted to swim. I received a text from Rae asking me to stay the night tonight so I packed some extra things just in case but he said he wasn't sure yet. I haven't met him yet so maybe today will be the day. After a few last minute things it was time to go so I began my journey down the road. It was a nice day out today so I decided to walk. 

Knowing Rae was probably already in his office from what Stacy had told me prior I used my key and entered the house. The children were still in bed so I made my way to the guest room to put my things down. After settling in I made my way to the kitchen to being breakfast for the children. Stacy said nothing specific as to who the children can and can't eat so I decided I would keep it simple with eggs and bacon. I toasted some English muffins as well so they could have a little bit of everything. I had music playing as I was cooking without any background noise the house is too quiet. I turned to get butter from the fridge and bumped into a tall man. I quickly turned around and noticed the bright green eyes almost instantly. I couldn't help but fall into them. Before me stood a tall muscular man with dark brown air in a suit. I felt my cheeks flush from embarrassment. 

I gulped before speaking. "I'm so sorry I didn't know you were here I thought you were in your office. Rae right?"

He cleared his throat before answering. "Yes and you must be the nanny?"

"Yep thats me. I'm Sierra." 

"Nice to meet you. I can be very busy with work at times. I didn't know you started today. All I was told is there is a nanny coming in this week."

Wait a second. He didn't know I was here. Did she tell him anything?

"Yeah today is my first day I was just told to let you work and not to interrupt. If you need I can go and come back later. She told me I might be late tonight and to prepare in case."

"No worries she does this all the time. She never tells me anything but I already took the day off so I suppose I could just tag along and update you with anything she left out."

Oh great. I have a babysitter on my first day. Why did they even hire me? I was beginning to rethink this whole nanny thing but I really need the money. I wonder why they're even together if they don't talk. I mean he should have no issue moving on with that body. Wait thats my boss what am I saying. I snapped out of it and began to answer. 

"Sounds like a plan I was just going to get them up."

We went to the children rooms and began getting them up and dressed for the day. After breakfast we did a little bit of school work just to prepare them for when they get a little older and start school. The children are really sweet I really like them. 

"I wanna go outside!"

"Yeah I wanna swim!"

"Oh yeah lets go outside!"

The children were getting restless with school work so we took them out by the pool and we sat and watched as they swam. Rae and I made small talk while the kids got some of their energy out.

"Is it hard? Her being away all the time?" As soon as I asked I instantly regretted it. 

He laughed. "You'll see for yourself. She can be a lot sometimes. It's nice having space."

We sat there watching the kids play in silence but my mind kept wondering. If he wants space then why are they even together. If there is nothing there then they should just split. They could be staying together for the children. That would make sense but children get used to it after some time. Who knows. Its best for me to stay out of it anyways. 

We called the children inside and began making lunch. Rae told me a little more about the house so I had things to do while the children took naps. Rae left to get groceries while I watched over as they took naps. After he left I wandered the house more. I still couldn't get the lack of time together so I did a little snooping. There were little female clothes here. There was a handful of outfits half of which were uniforms. He on the other hand had a great taste. There was a variety of nice work clothes such as button ups and jackets and slacks but there was also the usual blue jeans and t shirts. I decided it was best to leave the bedroom before he came back. I found myself wandering towards his office so I took a quick look inside. It was very neat, clean, and plain. He had a picture of the kids together on his desk along with what looks like a list of things they like and toys and things like that. It seems like he knows more about the children than she does. I left his office and went down the hall to the children's rooms. They were all still asleep so I grabbed the video monitor changed into a swimsuit and went down to the pool. Not long after being in the pool the children stared to stir so I got out and changed so I could start getting them up. I didn't want to wake the kids so one by one as they woke up I took them out of their rooms and into the living room where we were watching a movie. Rae came home and we helped to unload the groceries the kids held little things but Rae and I did most of the work. We spent the rest of the evening watching movies. I made dinner while Rae finished the last of the school work. We all joined at the table for dinner and before bath time and bed time.