Chapter 1: Greeks

Percy POV

I've experienced bad.  I've fought titans, an earth goddess, had my mind erased, but this trumps all of that.

Of course ancient myths had to fight.  But, there's heat within gods and myths.  Ever since Camp Half-Blood was destroyed by a stupid Egyptian god, Khonsu, my life had changed a lot.

We lived in Greece now.  Greece!  Greece is the worst place ever.  I've seen no wildlife, no flowers.  Annabeth had been extra annoying about all the architectural mistakes the Greeks made.  

The House of Hades was also in Greece, very close to where us demigods were camping.  I hadn't actually been there, sure.  Or was I?  I can never remember.

Annabeth POV

Greece was terrible.  The architecture was bad, and the lack of wildlife... well, let's just say Grover wasn't handling it too well.

I missed camp, though, most of all.  It had been home, pretty much, since I was seven.  I had lived there for about eleven years, only for it to be destroyed by the Egyptian-- that's right, more myths!-- god of the moon.  Chiron was immortal, and he barely came out alive.  We had lost so many: Austin, Kayla, Sherman, Miranda... I could go on.  Lester (Apollo) had somehow showed up in Greece one morning, with his master Meg McCaffrey.  

Everyone was here.  Leo, Calypso... they came from Indianapolis!  Piper was there, and she cheered up after the death of her ex-boyfriend, Jason.  Thalia was even here, as the hunters had to go to their respective myths.  She was still quite sad about the death of Jason, but Piper's a smooth talker.

I had just woken up in one of our tents.  I was sharing this one with Percy, which was fine by me.  Percy was already awake, sitting on his cot.

"Hey." He said, his green eyes looking brown in the light.

I read his expression.  He had been thinking about something.  "What were you thinking about?"

"Just.. everything." He spreads his arms out.  "But especially Magnus and Alex.  And Jack, that annoying sword that sings Taylor Swift albums."

I laughed.  We had an ongoing joke about singing Shake it Off wrong.  "Cheese graters gonna grate, grate, grate, grate, grate!" I sung.

Percy laughed.  "You're hilarious, Wise Girl."

Meg POV

This sucks.  First of all, I have to be with silly old Lester, and Lavinia's gone now.  I missed her, Joshua the tree nymph, my father...

Life had always been hard for me.  I was a happy little girl, until Caligula kicked my father and I out of Aeithales.  Then Nero- The Beast had killed my father, and I had only stupid Nero left.  Just living on the streets, and then Lester came along and made everything worse.

First, we had gone to see Percy Jackson, that guy with the nice mom.  Then Camp Half-Blood.  Yay.  Apollo singing his song about Daphne, and Hyacinthus-- it broke me.  Then Nero came along again.  It had been nothing but devastating, all the time.  And Jason--  no.

I missed Piper and Reyna, who had helped us so much trying to defeat the emperors.  Frank, Hazel-- Frank had pretty much given his life, only to be revived, somehow, someway.  And life was only getting harder from here.

Lester POV

Greece brings back all the worst memories.  I could list them all, but it would take too long.  At least I had Meg.  Still, we had lost so many at Camp Jupiter, on Caligula's yachts, Jason.

Reyna had just been a disappointment.  At least she was part of my sister's hunters, which were now disbanded.  

And I was mad at that stupid Egyptian god named Khonsu.  He had destroyed Camp Half-Blood, killed my wonderful Kayla and Austin.  Will had made it out alive, barely.  

And Mellie-- we had lost her to Khonsu as well as so many others.  Gleeson Hedge had to take care of Chuck all by himself now, and Hedge was never happy anymore.  He didn't even want to fight stuff.

Percy and Annabeth were just fine, as long as they were together.  But there was no way that would be true for long.