2 | Training

Once back home my uncle picks me up from the airport taking me to his place that no one should really know about. "Before you ask, yes I did all your tips." I say as we drive.

"Not all if you still got shot... twice." He says, making me sigh.

"Sorry, that I care about other people. Samuel was killed so how about you go easy on me. And I'm going to be pissed with you because on the same day of the attack he proposed to me right before it happened. So don't expect me to listen to your bullshit and reply with Yes Sir, No Sir." I raise my voice looking out the window.

"I'll tell you one thing... I get to teach you everything that you always bailed out on when you got hurt when you were younger." He pulls the car over.

"Deal, I'm quitting school and work anyways because I want to learn everything from you." He nods his head before driving again.

When we get to his place in the middle of nowhere he shows me to my room. "We start early in the morning." He closes my door and I sit down on the bed. Doing this for you baby.

"RISE AND SHINE! I TOLD YOU WE ARE GETTING UP EARLY!" I jump up breaking out in a sweat standing up fast looking at the time.

"Four in the morning though?" I groan and he claps his hands loud.

"Yes, to be the best you are gonna to train like you want to be the best. Or do you just want to keep crying about Sam?" He says pissing me off and he doesn't wait for an answer, "Yes Sir or No Sir?!"

I look him dead in the eyes, "Yes Sir."

"We're going to start the day with arms training. What type of gun is this?" He hands me a gun.

"I know it's a handgun." I smile and he glares at me. "It's a Glock 19." I tell him, making him nod his head.

"What's its caliber?" He asks and I groan.

"It's a Gen4 pistol in 9mm Luger offers great firepower while allowing you to shoot quick and accurately. Why are we equating time over what type of guns are?" I ask him while he pops his neck.

"Do you get your license and drive without learning how to and what each sign means?"

I huff, "No Sir. Also if I could add, when I was younger you made me learn all types of guns and everything about them. So I think we can skip this lesson." I say stepping aside shooting a full can in the distance.

After spending hours using different guns he wanted to start my combat training. "When did you quit your martial arts training?" He asks as we walk.

"Mom made me quit after dad died. She didn't want to take me anymore because his friends there would always ask how she was doing. That didn't stop me from going behind her back. I found a different program that did it late at night. Plus to her it let me focus on gymnastics more and that's all she cared about. I stopped showing up to both after she died too." I explained to him.

"You could have just said that a few years ago." I rolled my eyes as we met up with another guy who was going to help out.

"I won't be going easy on you, little lady." The guy keeps an intimidating face.

"Fine by me because nothing and no one is ever easy." I as he pulls out a knife reaching for me but I maneuver around him kicking the back of his knee in.

He loses his balance letting me lean into his back putting him in a headlock. As he manages to get back up I use my muscles to make the head lock tighter then use my legs to kick the knife out of his hands. I was going to use his shoulders to flip myself off him to go pick up the knife, but he flipped me pinning me to the ground punching me in the face.