Coming out

NARUTO

DING DONG!

"Shit" I jump from my bed, check my hair, clothes, everything seems okay. I take my phone and the ten blue and purple hydrangea bouquet and run down the stairs.

Grandpa has already opened the door when I get there and is talking to Itachi.

"I'm ready!"

Itachi takes a look at the bouquet, then at me and bursts into laughter. "I can't wait to see dad's face. Come on" he keeps laughing as he swings his arm towards his car. "Wish him luck" he and Grandpa laugh a bit more before we go into Itachi's car. We quickly head out to Sasuke's new school. It's his graduation ceremony, mine was this morning. We were both lucky enough to find a spot for the other on our ceremonies. I can't begin to express the butterflies in my stomach when I ran to hug him after the ceremony was over, I even kissed him on the spot. Of course, he wanted to kill me later but the deed was done and I was flying up in the clouds again. After we went to get bubble tea with the band at our usual place one more time. Sakura couldn't let go of my or Sasuke's arm the whole time.

We arrive at his school, my mouth drops as we walk through the hallways.

"Motherfucker" I mutter as I look at the classrooms, all the posters of events, clubs, and artwork that decorated the walls. You could almost smell the money that goes into this school.

"I know" Itachi chuckles.

The auditorium isn't less impressive, it's perhaps double the size of ours, with velvet chairs, a mobile sculpture decorating the ceiling, lights guided you across the stairs and rows, every chair with a number and students guiding relatives and friends to their seats.

We have our tickets checked and someone guides us to the columns in the middle, fourth row, Sasuke's dad is on the third seat from the right.

"Ready?" Itachi asks before we get near his dad.

I nod.

"Want me to hold the flowers?" he chuckles, I shake my head and squeeze the bouquet against me. He chuckles some more, shrugging as he keeps walking. "Hey, dad"

"Itachi, finally!" he says, his voice deeper than I remember, my heart jumps to my throat.

"I was picking Naruto up" Itachi replies as he sits down next to him. I go near my seat but don't dare to sit down yet.

"Nice yo see you, Mr. Uchiha" I smile, doing my best not to hide my hands shaking.

He nods. "Those flowers are from you, Itachi?" he asks right away.

"They're from the old band" he replies quickly before I can say anything.

He nods. "Must be that girl's...um...Haruno's idea, I imagine" he chuckles. "She always seemed quite fond of Sasuke"

I bite my tongue, Itachi tried to warn me about this but I wouldn't listen. I know his opinion on queer people, I know his opinion towards any of his sons if they were anywhere near being gay. But part of me felt horrible that Sasuke had to hide like this from his own dad. Not that he has been a great one to deserve the honesty, of course, but still makes my blood boil.

"Come, sit down, Uzumaki"

He takes me out of thoughts, I nod and sit down next to Itachi.

"Not a single word" he mutters to me in the lowest voice he can. "The inheritance is worth it" he chuckles, I smile back and nod. Not a hundred percent happy with the situation, but I understand.

"Welcome, parents, relatives, friends, and teachers to the 2015-2016 graduation ceremony" the speaker announces in Japanese after a first voice does it in English. "Thank you all for coming and please keep your phones in silent mode during the entire event. Please, do not take any photographs with flashes and keep in your seats, we have professional photographers that will take photos of every graduate as they receive their diplomas" the voice continues. "Now, please welcome the graduating class of 2016"