11: I'm Never Changing

a/n: i'm sorry this chapter's gonna be really short because i'm crammed with schoolwork😭

-

-

-

IWAIZUMI'S POV (inspired by "Kill Them with Kindness"):

"WHAT THE FUCK DID BOKUTO EVER DO TO YOU?" Kuroo yells, slamming his fist onto the table.

"He was pissing me off," Tsukishima rolls his eyes.

Ushijima blinks. "That doesn't condone murder."

"YEAH YOU PUSHED HIM OFF A CLIFF!" Kuroo cries in dead-best-bro.

And I thought Kenma was the one obsessed with video games... I think to myself, setting down my controller and staring at the tv screen. I glance over at Bokuto, who's currently curled himself into a ball and started muttering things.

"First my minecraft dog, then betrayed by our Tsukki..." Boktuo sniffs.

"Shut up guys, I'm more interested in how Iwaizumi-san's confession went," Yaku huffs, leaning back in his chair.

Bokuto perks up. "Yeah yeah yeah!"

"How'd it go? Did you screw up?" Kuroo smirks, resting his chin on one hand.

"Confession of what?" Ushijima looks perplexed.

"Of his love," Tsukishima hides a laugh in the palm of his hand.

"Shut up," I growl, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh, to Oikawa? Didn't you do that years ago?" Ushiwaka, bastard Ushiwaka.

"Pfft! Even Mr.Dense isn't as stupid as you!" Tsukishima doesn't even try to contain his laugh this time.

While Bokuto and Kuroo engage in a very loud uproar (at my expense), my cheeks redden as I think of Tooru. There's a weird amount of unfamiliar emotion that comes with thinking of him, and it kind of unsettles me. I know I'm in love with him, and maybe I have been for years. This amount of love feels like its a built up pressure, waiting to burst at any moment.

"Do you guys wanna hear it or not?" I murmur.

They look at me with identical shocked faces. It's not that out of the ordinary.

(flashback)

I had just kissed him, and stood in front of Tooru with the alien plushie I bought. Quite honestly, I had a lot of trouble even forming the words I asked him. My brain was still filled with only thoughts of his lips against mine, so my head was fuzzy with him. I was shaking in my boots, anxiously awaiting his answer.

"Oh okay, this is a dream again isn't it?" He finally spoke, face still bright red from our kiss. "Damn, I don't even remember falling asleep..."

"W— what?" I stuttered, face flushing with heat. Honestly my entire thought process was stuck on the word: again. Did that mean he'd dreamt of us kissing before? Did that mean he felt the same way?

He grinned. "Wait! If this is a lucid dream then I can control it right?"

"Uh... this isn't—" I started to say.

"Take your clothes off," he snapped his fingers.

I gaped at him while he frowned, snapping his fingers over and over again. After a few snaps he huffed, sitting cross-cross on the grass.