Mommy! | two ⏤katsuki b.

sum. : you share your thoughts about Katsumi's father as you both make memories together, creating something the number one hero would like

length : 4.2k

g. : fluff ; minor angst ; bakugou raised katsumi right ; best father daughter pair ; cooking in the kitchen with katsumi is the best ; katsumi is proud of her dad ; bakugou's nickname for katsumi is cheesy but cute ; katsumi loves her dad ; bakugou loves his daughter ; katsumi wants to her cupid's bow and arrow ; bakugou is still in pain ; past loss of a loved one ; bakugou sees his old partner in you ; maybe you can make it better

a/n : i wrote this over the holidays while i was inspired to write. yes, i ended up neglecting my studies for a while, but i'll be hoping back on that grind this month as i have exams to study for. in the meantime, i hope this satisfies everyone until i can comfortably write again without the pressure of exams!

i love you all so much, please enjoy the read!

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

Now that you've met your neighbours, you were definitely dropping by with your home-baked, chocolate chip cookies. These were special though. Knowing that they were getting consumed by the most adorable little girl on the planet, you put in the extra effort of shaping the baked goods into teddy-bear faces. Truthfully, you were nervous to knock on their door, intimidated with knowing that the number one hero and his adorable but equally firey daughter, were just on the other side. If it weren't for you remembering the sweet girl that melted your heart, wrapping you around her little finger, you would have turned right around and eaten the cookies yourself. It wouldn't have been your first time eating your worries away but you pulled through for sweet Katsumi.

It took several moments before the door opened to your knocks. You had hoped it would be Katsumi that opened the door just so your heart could stay settled for longer. However, with your luck, the casually dressed, number one hero ended up being the one to look down at you with his usually piercing stare, orbs of vibrant rubies framed with long, thick, blonde lashes. It sent your heart into a frenzy of emotions that you didn't know if you should place favorably or not.

"What do you want?" his rough voice demands after growing irritated at your prolonged silence. He can tell that you were doing your absolute best not to let your eyes trail down to his defined torso and slim waist, clothed in a tight, black tank top. Admittedly, you're showcasing better restraint than most women that approach him so he demonstrated equal restraint with keeping from barking your ears off. His precious daughter also won't stop praising you so he supposes he needs to be more gentle when interacting with you.

"Ummm, I-I just came to formally introduce myself as your new neighbor," you announce, swallowing the lump in your throat and raising the carefully wrapped cookies in your hands, "I also baked you and Katsumi a little something, I'm a baker after all," grunting, the hero takes the bundle of cookies from your hands and steps aside. Before you were able to ask him what he was doing, a sudden force collided with your legs. Letting out a surprised squeal, you flailed your arms to keep your balance as Bakugou holds back a smirk of amusement, lips sealed to his admission of finding your actions oddly endearing.

"(Y/NNN)!" Katsumi cheered, hugging your legs with a bright smile on her face, "Did you come to play, huh?!" her eyes sparkled like the same rubies as her father's whilst eagerly staring up at you.

"I'm sorry Katsumi-chan but I have to get to work soon," you apologize softly as you pet the top of her head, heart aching at the noise of sadness she lets out.