Chapter 4

Aizawa leaned against the chalkboard. "Today, we're going to train in our Virtual Reality room. One by one, you'll be fighting your biggest fear or greatest weakness." The whole class started mumbling to each other.

Iida raised his hand. "How will you know our fears and weaknesses?!"

"Good question. The VR room scans your brain and analyzes your fears and weaknesses. I've also been studying your physical and mental blocks and will be uploading them into the computer as well."

Miyo narrowed her eyes as the class was dismissed to get dressed in their costumes. She stood, listening to her classmates.

"Aww, man...," Kirishima complained to Bakugo. "This isn't gonna be fun. I hate everything about this. This'll be pretty traumatic."

"Feh. This'll be a sinch. I'm not afraid of anything."

He looked at his friend skeptically. "Uh-huh." He looked up to see Miyo grabbing her costume. "What about you? Think this'll be easy."

She looked at him. "With Aizawa at the head...? Not at all." She headed out of the room.

"WAAAAHH!!!!" Kirishima ran down the street, a large monster chasing him. "SHE WAS RIGHT!!! SHE WAS RIGHT!!!!"

Bakugo cackled from the monitor room, standing next to Kaminari and Miyo. Kirishima had opted to have the class watch his training. He was definitely regretting this at this point.

The round ended with Kirishima being knocked out cold. Two medical robots took him to Recovery Girl to make sure he was all right.

Aizawa looked at his list. "Miyonori." He turned his gaze to her as she stepped forward. "Do you wish for the class to see?"

"I think you know my answer." She replied, her tone cold. Bakugo looked at her, slightly concerned.

"That's a no then. Very well." The door opened. "Proceed."

She walked through the door, closing her eyes as the room scanned her. When she opened her eyes, the room was dark. Fear settled into the pit of her stomach. She knew this room.

She was suddenly tied up, an electric shock surging through her body, forcing her to her knees. She growled in pain, then looked around, eyes searching for the next attack. Suddenly a foot appeared from the darkness, slamming into her jaw. She cried out, her head snapping that direction.

"What a pitiful child," a loud voice boomed, a hand grabbing her chin and making her look forward.

Her hands worked toward her thigh, where one of the knives Kirishima had given her was hidden. "Say whatever you want, bastard. I know this isn't real." Her eyes landed on two figures running in the room.

It was her parents. Her mother, a kind and slender woman with black hair and brown eyes, paused. "Miyo!"

Her father, a fit man with short black hair that hung slightly in his face, and black eyes, stopped a couple paces in front of her. "Get your hands off my kid!"

"Ah, finally. Blur and Cancel. About time." The villain released Miyo and walked toward the heroes.

Panic gripped at Miyo's chest. "No..." Tears pricked the corners of her eyes. "Mom, Dad! RUN!"

"It's okay, baby," her dad replied, setting his feet up to use his Quirk. "We've got this. Just hang on."

The villain rushed at the two heroes, slamming into her dad. Miyo closed her eyes as she finally grabbed the knife and cut away the bonds. When she opened her eyes, her parents were both on the floor, dead. The villain stood over the bodies.