CHAPTER 1: The Bestfriends

A/n: Sean is pronounced as "Cyan", not "Se-An". It is only one syllable. Thank you.

CHAPTER 1

Third person's POV

Sean Xiao together with his bike was waiting patiently outside for his childhood best friend Lareina to come out of their house. Luckily, the University here is just a short distance from their neighborhood and can be easily traveled by any single vehicle.

Sean is a sweet-loving tall guy with tanned-clear skin that suits him best. He has beautiful pure eyes and a smile that could easily captivate someone with just one look. To be added, he's very talented and friendly.

Sean and Lareina become childhood playmates just after Sean and his family moved here to Beijing from Chongqing. Both of their families become acquainted with each other and for Sean, it is a good sign because if the time comes when he and Lareina finally became a couple he won't have a hard time dealing with his soon-to-be in-laws.

But right now, Sean is aware that he and Lareina as a couple are impossible to happen since he is still holding up his feelings and doesn't have enough audacity to confess. He is still building up his confidence and waiting for the right time to confess. For a reason that he is quite afraid that he will be rejected and worst, be friend zone.

"Hey!" Lareina jumped out on Sean who is lost in his thought making him stumble but successfully balanced himself. "Earth to Sean, what are you thinking that you don't even notice me?"

'It is me falling in love with you is what I am thinking.' Sean thought. He wanted to retort, but somehow he is afraid of how the latter will react.

He controls himself and shooked his head forcing his eyes not to form a heart shape in front of his best friend."Why did you suddenly jump off my shoulder?! What if you imbalance yourself and got hur-"

"Stop now, Sean." Lareina tapped her index finger on Sean's pink lips. "You are overreacting! As if I let myself get hurt on my very first day as a freshman. Speaking of...Why didn't you come inside while waiting for me?" She retorted confused.

Sean looked away as soon as he saw her pouting her lips which made her look so cute. He wanted to kiss her but he know he cannot. Right now, he can only settle on pinching her fluffy cheeks, at least he is still able to be with her.

"It's a fresh day today, so I thought that I needed some air. Feeling nature is very important you know." He joked and Lareina just give him a side eye, not believing his words.

"Fine, let's go now, my dear Senior." She said, resisting asking any more questions. "I don't wanna be late for my first class. I still can't believe it! I am a freshman now and soon I will graduate. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time! Later, tour me around. It is your duty for being my closest friend." She screamed excitedly as she fix her uniform.

Sean smiled sadly as he heard her last words. He is her closest friend and that's the fact. He wonders if he will be able to change that and level up their relationship into an intimate one.

"Hey! You've been spacing out a lot today. Are you feeling okay?" Lareina asked when Sean didn't respond.

Sean smiled. "I'm feeling well, don't worry. I am just busy thinking about something." He assured.

Lareina arched her eyebrow with curiosity. "Is it something or someone? Yes! Why are you blushing?" She teased making Sean feel hot all of a sudden.

"W-What are you i-implying?! Let's go now! We are going to be late." Sean stuttered trying to change the topic.
He nervously directed his eyes away from his evil best friend and sat on his bike, leaving Lareina standing at the side who is still eyeing him teasingly.

"It's probably a girl, I knew it!" Lareina whispered enough only for her to hear.

She smiled sweetly as she sat comfortably on the back seat of the bike. "So, who is she?" Lareina asked again, nudging Sean's back.

"Who?" Sean pretended to be confused and started pedaling.

"Yeah, Stop pretending!" Lareina scoffed. "Who is she? The girl you like? Do I know her? what year is she now? Is she beautiful?"

Sean sighed heavily as Lareina bombarded him with questions he doesn't want to answer.

"Reina, stop nudging me!" He pulls over and looks behind Lareina. "Also, shut your mouth for a second. I want to focus on the road. Okay?"

Reina nodded half-heartedly and make a face. "Fine, I'll behave. But swear, this conversation is not over! Now go!" She commanded like a brat.

Sean sighed in relief and began pedaling again. After a little while, they finally arrive at the entrance of the University. He then pedals to the side to park his bike in its usual place.

"Ayah, whose motorbike is this? It's my bike's usual parking spot." He said as he saw a red motorbike parked in his favorite spot.

"You usually park here?" Lareina asks as soon as she gets down from the bike.

"Yeah, since I was a freshman. But now, it's stolen. Whose motorbike is this?! Everyone knows that it's my spot."

"Oh, It's mine!" Said someone from behind. Both Lareina and Sean turned their heads to the owner of the voice. There, they found a stoic-faced guy who is just a little smaller than Sean.

"Who are you?" Sean asks.

"My name's Yvo, a freshman student. That's my bike." Yvo said pointing to his red motorbike. "I parked it there since it's a general parking place. Never thought it has an owner though, the name wasn't written." He added with a bit of sarcasm.

"Oh, you're a freshman. Same as me. By the way, I'm Lareina and that's Sean." Lareina muttered and the latter just give her a nod, uninterested.

"It's okay since you are my junior. You can have that space. I'll look for another spot." Sean said partially smiling trying to be nice Yvo is a freshman student.

He turned his gaze toward Lareina and handle their bags. "Wait for me here, I'll just park it somewhere."

Lareina then nodded and continue eyeing his best friend who was now pedaling away from them.

"Are you guys a thing?" Yvo asked still standing.

"No, we're best friends. That's all." Lareina replied.

After a couple of minutes, they found Sean running in their direction.

"Oh, you're still here?" Sean looked at Yvo, confused.

'Is he hitting on her? Why is he still here? With Reina?' Sean thought.

"There is still something I need to ask you as my senior." Yvo plainly said that made Sean's head knot.

"What is it?"

"Could you tell me where's the building for performing arts? I am having a hard time finding it 'cause I forgot to bring my registration card. But, I know my section don't worry. You just need to tell me where it is."

"Performing arts?" Said Lareina.

As the sudden realization came to her, she clapped her hands joyfully and looked at Yvo.

"I am also in performing arts and we're about to go there. Do you want to join us?"

Yvo scratched his nape shyly. "Thank you then." He bowed lightly which made the best friends feel awkward.

"Silly, you don't need to bow. Come Let's go!" Said Lareina. "Sean, Your bag!" She shouted as she throw the bag back to Sean. Sean carefully caught it and glared at her.

"Careful, it's my baby." He scoffed and hugged his bag. "Come on, Juniors. Follow your senior! Welcome to the University!" Sean welcomed them and walk first, letting the two juniors follow his lead.

|R.N| IMVICTORIQUE

FOLLOW

VOTE

COMMENT

GOD BLESS