Bell

Bell stood stationary on the corner of Mandrake Rd. and Belladonna Dr., which is, unfortunately, what she was named after. Ben watched her from his bike as he rode to the corner where she stood. Bell was staring unblinkingly at the rundown house on the other corner across from her with the willow tree that hung over the fence.

"Bell," she said. She didn't look at Ben as he stopped next to her. "Bell," Ben clapped his hands in front of her ear. She turned her head so fast that her red hair hit him in the face. Ben sputtered backward. Bell wore a new dress that her mom must have made for the talent show this afternoon. Her mom made all her clothes.

"Benny, I didn't see you there." Bell tore her gaze from the old house.

"Yeah, I see that. Say, do you think Tony might give me a ride to school? It looks like It might rain?" Ben thought she could convince him because the guy was trying to ask her out, and everyone knew it except Bell. She's always been a bit distracted, and she misses most obvious things.

"Oh, you should ask him when he gets here." She was always in her own head, and with eye contact to that top-floor window of the rundown house, it was a little annoying.

"I also thought I would have your mother make me a dress like yours. I can get a wig and make out with Tony's best friend Charlie."

"Now you know I have higher standards than anything in a dress." Tony pulled up behind while Ben said that, and Charlie jumped out onto the sidewalk and put a hand on Ben's shoulder. All their friends laughed. Bell turned, unsure of the joke, but that often happens to her. Charlie opened the door for Bell in big fashion and then got back in himself.

"Say, is there any space for me?" Ben asked.

"Sorry buddy, the car," He made an apologetic gesture. "you see, it only holds Five, and you would make six, but if you ride your bike quick, I'm sure you can outrun the rain." He gave Ben a sympathetic face as he backed away from the car. They started to pull away, and Bell gave one last look to the old house. Ben hopped on my bike, and the heavens opened up halfway there; the rain pouring down, soaking Ben completely.Ben was with the stage crew that afternoon, getting ready for the talent show. As the participants came in, including Bell, who was particularly distressed. She kept sitting, then rising again with a distracted energy about her.

"Bell, hey," I grabbed her arm to stop her pacing, "what's wrong? You have been singing in front of crowds since you were six."

"No, what? I'm just..." She looks at the door. "Distracted." She collapsed in the chair behind her.

"Well, let's get you focused." Bell looked at him. "what song are you singing today?" She wiped her face.

"Addle vice"

"And why did you pick that?"

"My grandmother came from Germany, and that was a lullaby there that she used to sing to me and..."

"Well, let's do her proud and win this show." She stood up and hugged Ben as she walked to the dressing room. Bell didn't win, but she did really well.

"Bell, you did great," Ben said, coming into pace with her as she left. Tony and his friends rounded the corner.

"Hey Bell, love the show. You were the best part." Tony wrapped his arm around Bell's shoulder.

"Oh, Ben, I would give you a ride home, but still no space."

"Don't be nasty." Bell snapped utterly out of character. "I've seen the entire baseball team in your car. It is pouring the rain puddles everywhere I'm sure we can find some space." Bell didn't seem like she heard herself. She wasn't all there, but we all stared in shock. Tony's arm fell from her shoulder and grabbed the door, pulling Ben with him as they packed into the car. Tony pulled up to Bell's street last. Bell screamed, staring at the old house. Then ripped the door open. Tony leaped out, caught her by the waist, and dragged her back to the car with her squirming in his arms.