Chapter 12

There was no such thing as a fair fight. All vulnerabilities must be exploited.❞

ZVEZDA'S POV -

In the past few days I've learnt how to stuff myself with various sorts of food that I hadn't even heard of before and watched a bunch of vine compilations.

I've been quite productive now, haven't I?

Aero along with his security detail and guards on the other hand were in serious business mode.

I hadn't even known that he'd gone out of the country for work in his jet until I literally asked one of the men where he was when I wanted to grab some cookies.

His men had been looking through everything which was on Roman's phone and tracked everything that he did recently.

Romanwh*re seemed to have had a history of using a lot of his money on drugs, women and gambling.

There was one peculiar place his money was coming from though.

A company called SprintMass.

I looked up some information on it while Aero had some of his men go check out the place to see if they could find anything which looked out of place over there.

We ultimately decided, after him thinking that I was insane, that I'd break into the place alone and see if I could find anything that they might be hiding.

It would be easier to sneak in and out if it was just me.

Aero thought this was foolish as he could just send his men to do the job instead of me as he clearly thought that I would be 'ineffective and inexperienced' in this sort of situation. Those were the exact terms he used.

Did he think that I was trying to do some kind of science experiment? I was slightly offended as I personally thought I was just as good or even better than his men who were specialized in work like this.

He should hire me.

We both knew that I would easily recognise something which wasn't in place there as I already knew quite a bit in general about what kind of people they were and I would knew where to look when I got there and this was what got him to ultimately agree.

I probably would've still done it no matter what he said but we agreed to do this together so I could compromise as long as he made an effort to at least listen.

I got ready, grabbed a knife to be on the safe side and Aero made sure that five of his men would accompany us and make sure the coast was clear so that I would be able to look for whatever I could find without being disturbed or caught by anyone.

Aero made sure I had an earpiece on again. As usual.

"I'm going to be able to hear everything that you hear and say. You can't switch this one off unless it literally breaks." He pauses looking intently at me.

"I'm expecting it not to break for some foolish reason. I know you want to do this on your own without being interrupted but I need to have ears on you if you don't want my men going in with you." He says sternly, grasping my shoulders.

"It's not like I did it on purpose the last time." I mumble looking up at him.

He sighs shaking his head.

"Come on, we have a tight time frame to get in and out within."

We get into the car and head towards the destination.

I make sure I walk slowly inside the file room while trying to avoid the cameras outside even though I knew Aero had someone taking care of all of that.