Syx
Atlanta

"Bruh come onnnnn!" My bestfriend dragged out. I look towards her with a mug attached to my face.

"For the last time Jilly, I said no."

She was currently trying to get me out of the house. I was all for it until the word 'party' came out of her mouth.

Don't get me wrong, I love to party. It's just not the time.

"This is nothing like you Syx! I don't know w- is this about bum ass Brandon?" She spoke raising an eyebrow.

Did I forget to mention that I recently got dumped by my boyfriend of three years? A total waste of time, right?

I looked at her for a quick second before getting up out of the chair I was sitting in.

"No, it is not. I don't even know why you would bring him up."

She stared at me before walking away.

Thank god

I head towards my room. I've been through enough this week, I just need a decent nap.

As soon as I laid my head down on my pillow, I was nearly suffocated.

"Bruh, Jillian get the fuck off of me!"

"Not until you say yes!" She begged. It was a little muffled considering her big ass head was stuffed in my back.

I sighed heavily. "Alright man! Get off me."

She smiled, hopping off of my back. She began walking away. "The party starts in 2 hours!"

I scrunched my face up in confusion. It was only 8:00 in the morning. What teenager has a party in the daytime.

"It's a kids party!" I heard her yell from my living room.

I swear to god, if I hear baby shark playing at this party, a fit will be thrown.
———————————————————————
2 hours later
"It took you long enough." Jilly said as soon as I walked out of my room, attitude laced in her voice.

"Girl shut up. It's a motherfucking kids party, what we gon' miss? Ice cream cake?"

"Akikiki." She mocked causing me to chuckle. "Them cakes slap though."

Her eyes darted towards the Sprite can I hand in my left hand.

She gave me a blank stare. "Why you ain't get me one?"

"Because I'm not a maid, go get one yourself." I retorted.

"I'll just die of dehydration." She murmured, rolling her eyes.

I shook my head walking out the door. I spotted her car parked on the side of the street, causing me to walk towards it.

"Why I gotta drive?" She complained.

I glared at her. "Gir- stop complaining. I don't even wanna go to this lil function anyway."

"Yeah yeah. But aye, it's finna be some fine ass niggas at this 'lil function'. We gon be hanging with them. Just a heads up." She reassured making me roll my eyes.