Chapter 2. Mom

"So Mom, what do you think about me being the Queen of Hearts for Halloween? That would be awesome." Iris says.

We're in the car and I'm taking Iris to school. Can't stop talking to me about getting and getting in getting more students singing little brat most of the time and is never happy for what she gets. I do think that would be an awesome costume but it is a lot of money for a costume like that! But they're kids they understand anything in life until taken to the real world.

"That would be a great idea Iris we should do that." I tell her.

"I thought you would agree."

I am very happy to have a daughter, but sometimes I wish she could act more like her age. Were in the car heading off to school. Finally we arrive, the hardest part of the whole ride. Getting her iPad. Every single day she tries to take her iPad to school with her and she thinks she will get away with it. Never! I'm scared she will break it, because that'd typical Iris, always dropping everything.

"Iris, I've told you this a million times. Let's not make a show. Just hand me the iPad, or your not getting it for a week. And this time I'm serious."

I squint my eyes at her as if I'm not taking any trouble this time. She takes one look at me and hands it over.

"Thank you. Have a nice day! Love you bye!" I say.

Iris smiles and says bye, and off she goes. Now all that's left, is going to my stressful work.