Chapter Five

Note from the Author

The following story is inspired by characters from the television show Once Upon a Time. I do not own the rights to these characters. I also do not own the rights to the technology devices and apps referenced in this story.

~~~~~

Regina and Maleficent pulled up to the cottage. It was dark, but Mal could see that the lawn had been newly manicured and that the stone exterior had been freshly pressure watched. She gave Reg a glance from the driver's seat.

"You even did the outside?"

"Of course I did," Regina stated, proud of her efforts. "Earl owed me a favor."

"Am I ever going to meet this Earl person?"

"Maybe. I haven't decided yet." Regina's anticipation was palpable as she unlocked the door.

Mal hadn't seen the cottage in quite some time, but this felt like a whole new house. Whitewashed shiplap was the backdrop to what used to be the kitchen and dining. It had been converted to a great room, complete with a large center island topped with black marble on one side and a 75" TV and sectional on the other. A wall of windows put the back patio on display, which was now completely enclosed with wood latticework and stone privacy fence. This outdoor space framed a new, larger, hot tub. Mal's jaw dropped to the floor.

"Reg, how did you do all this in two weeks?" the opal eyed woman took in the scene around her.

"Earl's my guy," the mayor said proudly, "Plus, I had already planned on having it remodeled this Spring. You two just gave me the motivation."

"This isn't just motivation, this is transformation!"

Reg laughed at the cheezy comment, "Come on, I'll show you the rest." They threw their bags in a corner and she took her lover's hand.

The cottage had two guest bedrooms, each had been touched up with a fresh coat of paint and new linens. The ensuite was last. A white upholstered leather accent wall was the backdrop to an enormous black four poster bed, piled high with white and silver pillows and blankets. Mal looked up to see that the old ceiling had been removed and the rafters had been exposed and refinished. A chandelier hung in place of the old ceiling fan. She turned to where the old closet was and found a new custom walk-in that led to the bathroom. Another huge addition housing a jacuzzi tub and large steam shower glistened past the closet doors. She noticed a quirk in the steam room.

"Three shower heads?" she turned to the dark haired beauty.

"It was a late add," she smirked. Mal just rolled her eyes.

~~~~~

In full biker gear Emma rode out of town after her Friday morning shift. It was a perfect day for the ride and she was eager to have some time to herself before the weekend began. The sun shone and there was not a hint of ice on the roads. She took in the Spring air which grew more earthy and alive the further she rode into the mountains. She pulled in to find a perfectly manicured cottage and space for the bike in the driveway. Mal met her at the door.

"How was the ride?"

"It was great," Emma pulled her helmet off and shook her golden waves in the wind. Maleficent was again stunned by the woman's beauty. No. Hotness. In her jeans and chaps, leather jacket and helmet she was damn sexy.

"You ready for lunch?"

"Yeah, I'm starving," Ems grinned, helmet now planted firmly under her arm.

"Good, because Regina hasn't left the kitchen since we got here," the older blonde laughed.

"I made lasagna!" Regina's voice rang through the cottage.