Chapter 2

Betty's POV

42 fucking hours we've been driving including toilet breaks but that's it, no food for almost two days, Hals ate I've just had to sit here and watch. But that's fine I guess. My phone died a while ago so I couldn't listen to music but we should be there in an hour. I had hardly spoken to Hal the whole time so I decided to make conversation even though I hate him, I might never see the man who has brought me so much pain my entire life.

"So what is the Sisters Of Quiet Mercy anyway," I asked Hal. He just scoffed at me, about five minutes later he answered with " It's like an orphanage but, different... you'll see when you get there" I sighed but answered with "ok".

Once we got there I could see a lady, with white/grey hair and a black uniform dress with a black jacket, already waiting for us I assume, out the front of an old looking building that had big wooden doors on the front.

We turned in and parked, I grabbed my duffle bag and put it on my should my phone/earplugs in my pocket. Hal was saying something to the lady but I wasn't listening I was looking around and trying to figure out where we are but out of the corner of my eye, I see they're both looking at me with raised eyebrows.

"So who are you and where are we?" I asked and Hal stomped on my foot I tried to hold in a yelp but it still faintly heard it.

"I'm Sister Woodhouse and you're in Greendale" She answered with the fakest of all smiles. "Your Elizabeth Cooper, correct," she asked.

"No, you must have me mistaken my name is India Stoker," I said with a smirk. She looks so confused I have to hold in my laughter until Hal shoved me with his shoulder so hard I almost fall over. "I'm kidding," I said defeated. I could have had so much fun with that if it wasn't for Hal.

There was a bit of awkward silence until she said "ok let's get you settled in" then grabbed my shoulder and pushed me threw the door. We followed her to my room which was number 237. Kinda funny I get put in the same room from The Shinning. She unlocked it and it was a small room with a wooden floor and a tiny window I couldn't even fit threw. The bed was a single with a thin foam mattress. I dumped my bag at the door and sat on the bed. It wasn't comfy at all and there was no pillow but I guess it's better than a washing machine. I'll survive.

"Do you to want a minute before you have to go Mr Cooper?" Sister Woodhouse asked. Hal nodded and she stepped out of the room and closed the door. I sighed as I turned to face Hal and he looked furious so I just smiled innocently. He got up and punched me on the side of the face, grabbed my shoulders and pulled me to the floor on my back with him holding me down on top of me.

"I'm leaving you here and you are no longer a cooper, so no longer my responsibility," he said but I didn't care being a Cooper is shit. ( no offence to anyone named cooper)

"What about mum? Can I see her?" I asked hopefully. I don't know much about her I don't even know what she looks like.

"ah, Alice I'll pay her a visit she'll be thrilled you're gone and no your not seeing her don't be ridiculous," he said with an evil grin.

There was a knock on the door so he quickly got off me before Sitter Woodhouse pocked her head in.

"Times up Mr Cooper you have to go now".

He nodded and left with her and locked the door behind them. I got up off the floor and sat on the bed and looked at the wall with a few tears slowly flowing down my face.

About 15 minutes later Sister Woodhouse came back in with 2 men I've never seen before behind her. The one on the right had a tray with medicine and syringes and other horrific-looking things. Sister Woodhouse looked at me and shook her head at me and said " poor girl, don't worry we're going tack care of you and fix you all up so your better again" she grabbed a huge syringe from the tray and passed it to the guy on the left of her. He started to walk towards me so I moved back and shook my head no. I'm terrified of needles. I hoped up from the bed and run towards the door. The guy manages to grab me before I'm out the door but I elbow him in the side pretty frickin hard if I do say so myself. I run out and slam the door behind me, I run down a hallway and turn down a corridor and it's a dead end. I go back around and see all of them fast walking down to me. I run back down to the dead-end and see a door I go in and it's just a janitors closet. It's dark in here. I can hear them outside and I think they're walking away. Shit, shit, shit I can feel a sneeze coming I try to hold it in but I can't and it still comes out I can hear them coming closer again. It gets quiet for a minute and I don't hear anything until the door swings open and all three of them are there.

" Well, shit," I say with a sarcastic laugh. The boys pick me up by my arms and face me to Sister woodhouse I smile innocently just like the early time. I do that every time I know I'm gonna get punished or in trouble, I don't know why I do though. She slaps me across the face 3 times. She stops and I look at the floor with a single tear running down my face. She forcefully grabs my face and pulls it to look at her and shakes her head again when she looks at my face.
"Your weak don't worry we will make you lots stronger if you listen to me and do what I say ok," she asks.

"n-no" I stutter. Believe me when I say she does not look impressed with me not one bit.

"come on speak up," she told me so I did as told.

"NO" I yelled and tried to wiggle out of there but I couldn't. She bends down and grabs the syringe and smiles as I cry even more. "no, stop please don't" I beck "let go.." I get stopped mid-sentence I look to the side and see the syringe in my neck I start to get tired and lose balance. My eyes are all blurred and everything is spinning. I see Woodhouse and she has her arms crossed "Fuck you" I say to her and I fall to the floor and it all goes blank.