Chapter 4

6 months later
Betty's POV

This place is a living hell, I hate it here. At least when I was with Hal I had a name now I'm called thirteen. we all are different numbers. They give us drugs that make you go crazy and hallucinate well that's what they give me for some others it's different. It depends on what number you are different numbers get different drugs. They call these drugs candy and make us eat it as a reward. The treatment as they call it is horrible, they make us lift big bags of flour from one side of the room to another. They hit us all the time especially me if we did something bad and there are so many rules that I always get in trouble. All the other people here are friends with each other or have one friend at least I don't and they don't like me they call me names and push me around. I've tried to escape but I always get caught last time I got caught and they put me in a dark room with nothing in it and left me in there for a week with no food.

I have a plan on getting out this time though. The other day I find a bobby pin on the floor and I plan on using it.

Tonight's movie night and that's gonna be my distraction. I put my socks and shoes on and slid the bobby on the neck of my hospital gown and hid it with my hair.

A nurse walked in and said "come on thirteen get up its movie night" I got up a hit in line with all the other kids and walked with them. The basement stairs are two-doors before the movie room. I to make a distraction so grabbed the first thing I saw which was a book and threw it out the window that was on the left. All the nurses ran to the window and I took my chance and ran down the basement stairs while everyone was distracted.

I ran down to the door and started to fiddle with it using the bobby pin. I heard a click meaning the door is unlocked. I went to open it when I felt someone grab me and pull me back, I turned around and saw two nurses both trying to pull me back. One grabbed my legs and started to drag me away from the door.

"Nope not again," I said to mostly to myself. I kicked her in the face and she let go so got up and grabbed a scalpel cause it was coincidentally the only thing there. The other nurse went to hit me so I ducked and dodged it and stabbed her with the scalpel in the leg and dragged it down so it made a big cut. She fell to the ground crying I ran out the door before other nurses came. Once I was out I ran and didn't stop I kept going and going till I couldn't anymore. The Sisters Of Quiet Mercy was out of sight and I'm in the middle of the fucking forest. I stopped and sat down with my back against the tree. I couldn't go anywhere anyway cause it was night time and I can see a bit from the moonlight and that's it. I didn't realise how tired I was until I slowly drifted off to sleep.

4 days later

Jugheads POV

"Thanks pop," we all said as pop gave us our food. Toni, fangs, Cheryl, Kevin, sweets, Veronica, Archie and I were all at pops together having dinner which we don't normally do but it's nice.

"Are you guys coming to the Wyrm tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yep," they all said and I nodded. We ate I silence until Toni asked

"I know we aren't supposed to talk about it but have you guys thought about Alice's kid?"

"I feel bad for her she been a lot sadder lately and I haven't seen her as much" fangs admitted and we all nodded.

"Her ex sounds like a dick" Sweats said.

We kept eating and talking when the bell at the door chimed meaning someone has entered so we all looked at who it was. A girl around our age with blonde hair she was all dirty and had a hospital gown on but it was all cut and dirty. She looked around and made her way down to a booth in the far corner on the opposite side of the diner.

"Do you think she's ok?" V  asked concerned. 

"I don't know I've never seen her before," I said everyone else nodded.

"Should someone talk to her," Archie asked? 

"Did you say something smart for once, pravo little archiekins" Kevin said clapping. Archie rolled his eyes and flipped him off while the rest of us grinned at them.

"I'm gonna go talk to her anyone else coming?" I asked everyone else.

"I'll come" V volunteered. I looked at everyone else and they all shook there heads.

We walked over to the mysterious blonde, she was sitting with her knees up to her chin and her arms wrapped around her legs shaking a little.

"May we sit?" V asked but the girl didn't answer she didn't look up she kept her head down and pulled her legs closer to herself.

We sat on the other side of the booth but she still didn't look up I sighed and asked "What's your name?" she didn't answer but she looked up at us and damn she had the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen in my life. They were a deep green and I could start in them all night if I could.

"Don't you have friends that you'd rather sit with?" she asked and faced back down again. I smiled at that at least she would speak to use.

"We came to ask if you are ok," V said. She looked up again and shrugged. she looked us both up and down looking like she was thinking.

"Who are you two," she asked tilting her head.

"I'm Veronica lodge and this is my friend Jughead Jones," V told her "Who are you," she asked hopefully.

"No" the blonde whispered. This confused me did she not have a name? Does she not like it? Does she not tell people her name? We shut up for a second not knowing what to do I heard her stomach growl pretty loudly. I watched her shuffling and her stomach growled again.

"When was the last time you ate," I asked. She shrugged again and answered "Two weeks maybe" I looked at Ronnie in shock and she looked at me with the same expression. We both waved pop over and order "can I get two burgers two fries and some onion rings please" I asked pop. "sure" he smiled and walked back to the kitchen.

We looked back at Betty and grinned at her but she frowned.

"So do you have somewhere to stay the night?" I asked and she shook her head.
"Parents?" I asked. Her head shot up and she snapped "not that question"

"Okay," I said, we sat in silence again and are other friends came over. It looked like she was trying to disappear our friends came over and stood at the end of the booth. She tried to leave but I grabbed her wrist before she got out. She looked down at her arm so I followed where she was looking and there was a 13 tattoo of her forearm. She glared at me and pulled her arm away and sat back down and curled up and didn't lookup. "Well we're all leaving now see ya tomorrow," sweets said they all said bye and left. As soon as they did pop came with the food we thanked him and pushed all the food in front of the blonde.

She looked up and raised her eyebrows at us and we nodded. She shook her head and said "I can't" quietly.

"yes, you can you need to" I insisted. She grabbed a frie and took the tinniest bite her eyes light up and she smiled she started eating quickly. She looked cute when she lit up. She finished and said "thank you so much" with a teardown her face that she quickly wiped away.

"How about we go to my place and talk to my dad you can sleep with us tonight," I asked hopefully. She hesitated but slowly nodded.