Chapter 1 The Past and The Assessment!

"Mother? Is that you?" I asked in pain. I wanted to bring mom back, that was all. She was all I had, dad abandoned us and left us in debt when I was only 2 years old. I hate him! I'm currently 14. I suffered losing my left hand from attempting it. My two younger sisters, I made sure not to include them in such a terrible transgression. I didn't know it was wrong, but I still should've thought it over several times. I was taken to a white place. My arm was back and there was a transparent person there.
"Where am I?" I asked, wiping tears from my face.
"The gate, I am called many things, but in the end I'm you." It said as it got up and started walking toward me. That's when I felt it pull me in, the black hands that lied behind the gate. I was taken through loops of pictures. My brain felt like it was being crowded with more information than I could handle.
"Stop it, no! This isn't what I asked for!" I shouted sadly. I saw my mother in front of me.
"Mom!!!!" I tried, but couldn't reach her. Then it suddenly stopped and I was back. Back to the thing.
"Show me again, my, my mom was there, my sisters are counting on me." I said.
"I'm sorry but you've already paid the greatest toll you possibly can for that information you just saw." The entity said as it gained a left arm, leaving me armless. I appeared back in reality. The pain unbearable and shown before me was a disfigured creature. It looked nothing like my mother.
"Noooo! Why!?"
Time skip to present day......
I am now 15. Today I'm making my way to the assessment quarters of the military. Ever since I lost my arm, my friend Winry made me an automail arm. I've decided to help protect people by joining the military. The problem is I had no idea where the assessment quarters were. I decided to ask at the main buildings desk. On the way there, I accidentally bumped shoulders with one of the soldiers I'm guessing, I looked back to see he had dropped his papers.
"I'm so sorry. I'll help you pick those up." I said as I got down and started helping the young man pick up his papers. I froze when he looked up at me. His face was exquisite. Beautiful onyx eyes and shiny black hair.
"It's okay, I was just on my way to look at the exam of a young alchemist." He answered.
"Really, does that mean you know where the assessment quarters are?" I asked curiously.
"Yes, I do." He simply answered.
"That's great, I'm actually on my way to go and take an assessment there to become a registered state alchemist." I answered with a smile as I handed him the last of his papers.
"Wait, Erize Basuto?" He asked looking down at one of the papers.
"Yea, that's me, how'd you know?" I asked with a curious smile.

"Looks like I'm the one going to help assess you." He stated. I became shocked right away.
"Wait, does that mean you're the fuhrer. No wonder you're so handsome. Must get that a lot. It's so nice to meet you." He just scratched the back of his head awkwardly.
"Actually, I'm only a Colonel. Thanks for the compliment though." He said nervously.

" He said nervously