Chapter 4 Bandages + Napping = Romance

Time skip to Roy Mustang's office....
Once me and the Colonel had made it to his office, he laid me on the couch. I squinted a bit from the pain.

"Is that alright?" He asked considerately

"Yea, that's alright."I said sitting up on the couch as best as I could.
"I'll go get the bandages and alcohol." Was all Mustang said, going into a pair of cabinets by his desk. I grew a bit fearful of the alcohol as I watched him place it on the table.
"A-alcohol? Can't we use cream instead?" I asked sheepishly, not wanting to feel the stinging of alcohol on my wounds.
"No, your wounds are too serious and need to be disinfected." Roy said taking a cloth and dampening it with alcohol.
"Mmm, that's too bad. I hate the feeling of being stung or anything that stings." I replied looking at the cloth in disgust. He handed me something, it was a white cloth, most likely to bite down on. I took it gratefully.
"Take this, it'll help you resist the pain a bit." Was all he said.
"Thanks." I put it in my mouth waiting to feel the pain of the alcohol touch my wounds.
"Owwww." Was all I said as he rubbed the alcohol on my wounds. I squinted in pain. Once the alcohol part was over, I was quite relieved. I immediately spit the cloth out.
"Hmm, I never would've guessed you to be so helpless against alcohol Lieutenant." Mustang commented teasingly.
"Yea, Yea. I only hate the sting. I'm sure no one else likes it. You probably at least squint from alcohol." I said defensively.
"Better than screaming." He counter attacked sarcastically with a smile.
"Shut up, plus don't you have to focus on bandaging me." I said a bit irritated and flustered.
"I'm focusing on both you and the bandaging." He said looking down at me, but once he realized what he said, he looked up nervously at my wrappings on my forehead. I couldn't help but feel my face heat up a bit.
"Anyway, your wrappings are done and you should be fine. You just need to get some rest now." Mustang said getting up quickly after finishing my wrappings. I just smiled at him and said.
"Thanks, Roy." I said thankfully forcing his eyes to widen and his face to turn entirely red.
"U-Um you're w-welcome. Do you need a blanket or anything." Mustang offered nervously.
"No it's alright I should be fine. Plus I should probably head back home now." I said walking towards the door to only be blocked by Roy.
"Not around with a wound like that Lieutenant. And where were you planning on going?" Mustang asked me suspiciously.
"Um well?" I started nervously.
"Exactly, you were planning on going out to that tent again, weren't you. The one in my report." He scolded worriedly.
"I'm sorry, I just didn't want to bother Mr.Hughes with any trouble and I also wanted to pack my stuff up and move it I don't know, somewhere else." I explained.
"You don't always have to put others before yourself you know. You're not going to cause Hughes any trouble and if you think you are, I'd be happy to have you stay with me or I don't know, anywhere but that tent." He said nervously rubbing the back of his head.
"Well I didn't know you were that concerned, Mustang? But I guess I'll just have to sit and wait then." I said walking back to the couch and sitting down.
"That's better and I'll make sure my Lieutenant is doing well and healthy." He said grabbing a blanket from the cabinet and putting it over me gently.
"I'm not cold, or anything, plus shouldn't you be doing your paperwork." I question nervously trying to avert the situation.
"Huh, yeah thanks for reminding me." He thanked walking toward his desk, leaving me to deal with the blanket. I watched as he took out a pen, starting on his stacks of paperwork. I felt kind of bad just sitting there doing nothing while he was tackling large stacks of paperwork.
"Hey Mustang? Can I help you with some of that. It looks like a little too much for anyone to handle." I asked politely.
"No, it's fine, plus you're supposed to be recovering." He reasoned with me.
'Stubborn man.' I thought. I got up and walked over to his desk determined. He looked up at me in confusion.
"Dummy, can't even admit when you need help." I said, taking a pen and a stack from his pile. I sat down and started doing some of his documents.
"I'm not a dummy! Plus, I bet you probably don't even know what those words actually mean." He said angrily.
"Wanna bet on it?" I said, fire in my eyes.