Chapter 3 : First Day At The Castle

Zai grew tired of the silence and decided to speak, "So are you all first years too, like me?"

"Very much so," said the blond girl who sat next to a blond boy who looked extremely similar to her, both handsome and pretty, "my name is Elizabeth McGuire, but you can call me Liz." 

The boy spoke after her, "And I am Sylvain McGuire, I am Liz's twin brother." 

The shy girl with long bangs looked away. Her left eye was covered and Zai attempted to meet her gaze, but failed. She finally looked at everyone and nodded. "Aloy Roosevelt. Pleasure." 

The three nodded and Zai spoke, "My name is Zai Rido." 

Everyone nodded together. Sylvain spoke to Zai, "So have you practiced magic, Zai? You're probably as excited as I am to finally learn at Hogwarts! Where Harry Potter and his friends learned their charms!" 

Liz intruded, "Excuse my brother, he's a bit of a fanatic." 

"Oh quiet with you, Liz, Harry Potter is a hero! I look up to his story very much." 

"He is okay at charms," spoke Aloy almost silently. 

Sylvain looked into her eyes and she quickly shied away. Liz elbowed him and Sylvain grunted with pain. "Do not make her uncomfortable, Sylvain, you have that effect with women."

"That bloody hurt, Liz, and you have the effect of hugging every boy you see." 

She blushed intensely and elbowed her brother even harder. Zai chuckled and quickly grew uncomfortable with his new found feeling of comfort. He looked around, waiting to find something to ruin it, but only laughs came. This truly was peace, but he couldn't be too at comfort. 

Sylvain spoke of his experience riding his father's broom and how he almost fell off and broke his neck. Liz told the tale of the terrifying werewolf howls she heard near the manor she lived at with Sylvain. Aloy mumbled at first but then quietly whispered about her summer preparation for Hogwarts, where her parents forced her to study first year charms so she could be more than ready on his first lessons. 

"Show us something, Aloy!" said Sylvain excitedly. 

She nodded slowly and took out her wand, crafted from an orange wood with a flame design carved into it. "Lumos," she said, commanding the magic blood inside her veins, Zai could feel it and didn't doubt that the twins did too. A small ball of light formed at the tip of her wand and she waved it around. Everyone clapped and Kratos yawned, continuing to nap on Zai's shoulder. "Thank you so much. For clapping." 

"Don't mention it, Aloy, that was impressive. I can barely do magic," said Liz. 

"She's right, she tried dying my hair red this summer and she ended up turning our cat into a bright blue color. Mother was so mad!" Sylvain laughed and Liz blushed once more, elbowing him again.

"I barely discovered magic existed," said Zai with a sly smile. 

Everyone turned to stare at him, with perplexed looks that made his statement look like a fool's joke. Sylvain spoke, "You've got to be bloody kidding me," he looked at Aloy and his sister, "I mean, what kind of wizard barely discovers magic the moment they enter a school that teaches it?"

Aloy spoke lowly, almost in a mocking tone, "Harry Potter didn't know what magic was. Until he went into Hogwarts." 

Sylvain shot her an annoyed look, and Zai chuckled, as their interaction pushed him to an entertained mood. He further explained his encounter with Dean, leaving out his chase with the man in black. He avoided the topic of his parents, attempting to not travel into the painful past. Had their limbs been ripped off, with their blood painting the horrific message? Such cruelty could not possibly exist. "I really don't know why I'm telling you all this. We've just met."