Chapter 1: Preface

The Monsters were free. They had finally reached the surface and had seen the breath-taking spectacle that was the sky at dusk. Hope high in theirs Souls. They have traveled to Ebott-city and meet the Humans. Their hope have been crushed. No matter how many times they tried, no matter how many times they beg to be heard, Humans didn't listen. Even when it was clear that Monsters meant no harm and didn't try to force themself into the city, remaining on the slopes of Mount Ebott, Humans were the ones that would come for them. They were full of hate and fear, they wanted to control and overpower what were thought to be strange creatures arrived to invade and steal lands and resources from humans. For months the camp at the foot of Mount Ebott, where Monster have set their base, was attached by the citizens with quick raids that spread chaos and panic and left a trail of tents and supplies destroyed. More often than not even injured. Monsterkind didn't have a lot of possessions to begin with and the attacks cut short what they have left. Negotiations were suspended and then completely abandoned on the human side, despite the conjured effort and insistence of King Asgore and a very determined Frisk. It was like talking to deaf ears. Fears and hopelessness started to spread across monster's population. More and more monsters refused to leave their homes in the Underground where they felt safer. Only a small group of a hundred members remained to carry on what remained of the peace negotiations with little success. The future seemed darker with every passing day. In the end war was unavoidable. Monsters were attacked in their sleep. The human's armed forces attacked their camp. Shots of rifles and pistols hit the tents. Screams and dust filled the air. Monsters had no choice but to retreat. They took refuge Underground and barricaded the entrance with boulders and debris in hope to stop the assailants who were much more numerous and well equipped. It didn't work. Humans now knew of their existence and whereabouts. No one was to survive. The whole mountain was surrounded. They were trapped. Explosive was used to break through the main entrance and invade the Underground. The soldiers went down from the passage in The Ruins. The monsters were caught on two fires. It wasn't a battle, it was a massacre. They were destined at a horrible and definitive defeat. All hope was lost.