𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻──── 𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗶𝘇𝗲

❝ 𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄 ❞

☆*:.。. o▽o .。.:*☆

𝐅 𝐑 𝐀 𝐍 𝐊 𝐙 𝐇 𝐀 𝐍 𝐆

𝑭𝑹𝑨𝑵𝑲 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐖. He wanted to stand on the porch and shoot the snakes from a distance. A few well-placed exploding arrows, a few craters in the hillside-problem solved.

𝑼𝑵𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑻𝑼𝑵𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑳𝒀, a quiver full of arrows wouldn't do Frank much good if he couldn't shoot them. Besides, he had no idea where the basilisks were. they'd stopped blowing fire as soon as he came outside.

He knew he had to be the one to kill off the gorgons. Not only did Iris tell him it was his destiny, but Hazel, Eve, and Percy were also all too weak at the moment to do anything.

He stepped off the porch and leveled his golden spear. He didn't like fighting up close. He was too slow and bulky. He done ok during the war games, but this was real. There were no giant eagles ready to snatch him up and take him to the medics if he made a mistake.

You can be anything. His mother's voice echoed in his mind. Great, he thought. I want to be immune to
poison-and fire.

Something told Frank his wish had not been granted. The spear felt just as awkward in his hands. Patches of flames still smoldered on the hillside. The acrid smoke burned in Frank's nose. The withered grass crunched under his feet.

He thought about those old stories his mother used to tell generations of heroes who had battled Hercules, fire dragons, and sailed monster infested seas. Frank didn't understand how he could have evolved from a line like that, or how his family had migrated from Greece through the Roman empire all the way to China, but some unsettling ideas were starting to form. For the first time, he started to wonder about this Prince of Pylos, and his great grandfather Shen Lyn's disgrace at Camp Jupiter, and what the family powers might be.

His grandma had warned him countless of times about Shen Lun's mysterious powers. And honestly? Frank could care less.

He never asked for this life? He certainly never asked for a crazy dangerous line of war soldiers.

He wasn't normally someone to complain, but he kind of felt like he deserved to. His mom dies, then boom! He's forced to believe a bunch of teenagers that demigods are real? And that he might be the child of one? Oh-and his parent just happened to be the crazed war god.

You know, Frank's list of Things To Complain About was getting really long and really... worrisome.

A reassuring thought as Frank hunted poisonous firebreathing devil snakes. The night was quiet except for the crackle of brush fires. Every time a breeze made the grass Russell, Frank thought about the grain spirits who'd captured Hazel. Hopefully they've gone south with the giant Polybotes. Frank didn't need any more problems right now.