day 7: World Championships

"I can't sleep."

Misty wakes up to see her husband, Ash sitting at the foot of the bed in their hotel room.

"What's the matter?"

"I'm just nervous."

"Why"

"I'm worried about what's going to happen."

"you're upset that we're being matched up against each other tomorrow, aren't you?"

"I just didn't want it to come to this. I know how much it means the both of us, and how neither of us want to lose this. I know it's inevitable that this will end up with at least one of us losing, but it doesn't mean that I'm not still dreading it."

The Elite Four member sits up next to her husband.

"you know everything's going to be fine, right? I'm not going to be mad at you if you win. And I know you wouldn't be mad if I won. So why are you worried?"

"I just want you to be happy. I love seeing how strong you can get, And a part of me wants to see you win this.
But I want to win too, and the last thing I want to do during a tournament like this is hold back."

"so, you're worried about getting stronger than me?"

"I guess..."

Misty giggles.

"you know I don't care about that. This isn't like when we were ten and we were so competitive. I don't care which one of us is stronger, and I don't care which one of us wins the tournament, or if either of us do. All that matters is that we gave it our all out there. I didn't marry you because you were a good trainer, I married you because you were a good person."

"I know, it's just hard to have to go up against someone that you love. And I'm also worried because I know how tough your team can be."

"Ash, you really shouldn't be worried about this. It's going to be fine. We're going to give it everything we've got tomorrow. And whoever wins is going to have a shot at becoming world champion. But even that doesn't matter to me, whether I win or lose, I'm just happy that it got to be against you. And no matter what, I'll always love you."

"I'll always love you too, mist..."

The redhead kisses her husband on the cheek before laying back down. Ash thinks to himself for a moment before laying down beside her.

"I'm so glad I married you."

The end.

Author's note note:

Happy pokeshipping day, everyone!
I hope you all enjoyed this final little story. I wrote this at 5 in the morning and I'm exhausted.
I originally thought about doing a story where they actually fought in the world championships together, but I felt like I used up all my good Pokemon battling ideas for last part, and I wanted to do something for the final day, so I just decided to have the week end on a cute little story about Misty reassuring Ash before the big match. I'm sorry that I didn't have anything for day 6. I genuinely had a hard time thinking of anything that I could do for that prompt that wasn't just a straight-up lemon. I hope you all enjoyed reading my stories, and I hope to do this again next year. Hopefully, I'll have had improved as a writer by then and will have more ideas for what I can do. Thanksgiving and Christmas will be coming right around the corner, so happy holidays.

-Falco97