Chapter 2 - Refusing Heaven

A/N:

Hey, guys! As always, thanks for reading. Quick note: I saw that I had 1 read on my first post and I almost FELL out of my chair. I was overwhelmed with joy! Thank you so much, reader! You made my day! :D Anyways, on with the story. Happy readings!

-----------------------------------------------------

She was running.

Sprinting. She was sprinting through the planes of tall grass. The black sky above also matched the endless darkness that spread ahead.

But why did she keep running? Did she need to get ahead? Was she racing? Was there the biggest game on the other side of that blackness?

A light shone across the field, splitting the ground in front of her like a blade. The light was brighter than the sun’s, and spread as endlessly as the darkness it faced. And she stood in front of it. She knew that if she walked onto the other field, she would definitely find others like her, as well as the most grateful game ever.

But, she also knew that once she crossed over, she would never come back. And, for some reason, she just wasn’t ready for that yet. There was something pulling her, dragging her back to where she had entered. It was a feeling she had never felt before, something indescribable. Her thoughts were unclear, but she would have no mental say in it at all; she was already flying in the opposite direction, her paws were racing under her so quickly that they were barely visible. The ground suddenly gave way under her, falling to bits as she tumbled into the darkness, thrust into a perilous nothing feeling of forever.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Poor girl. Sorry the passage was so short....I will be uploading the next one fairly quickly. If you liked it, I would love the vote! Thanks for reading! :)