Chapter 3

Lumipad ang tingin ko kay Dustin na seryosong naglalakad papunta sa amin. His strikes were big and there is something in his eyes. It looks dark. Is he mad?

Galit ba siya because I'm talking to his girlfriend? Is he mad because I called her liar?

So she's really his girlfriend?

Sa hindi malamang kadahilanan. My chest tighten. I don't know why pero biglang sumakit ang dibdib ko.

I put my hand on my chest as I try to stop the stinging pain inside.

"Hey Dust. " her voice was soft. She stood up to greet him.

"Anong pinagsasabi mo kay Ame? " his tone was serious and even his expression too. When he look at me I could see his eyes soften pero bumalik agad ang tingin nito kay ate Xandra.

She chuckle "Nothing I was--"

I cut her off.

"She told me she's your girlfriend. Is it true? " I want to hear it from him.

Kumunot ang noo niya.

"Girlfriend? Where did you learn that? Do you know what's the meaning of 'Girlfriend '?" he asked.  Now his full attention is on me.

Kinabahan naman ako but I still answered him.

"Yes! You're romantically having an affair with her!" I said confidently. I know na tama ang sagot ko.

It makes me proud that I can answer him. Hey I know what that is, I'm not a kid anymore.

Mas lalong kumunot ang noo niya and I could see his jaw move.

He closed his eyes like he's in deep pain and muttered some words that I couldn't properly hear.

His gaze was transferred to ate Xandra.

She look nervous. I can't see Dustin's expression since he's facing Xandra so I could only look up his back.

He turn back to me again. Nag squat siya so he could meet my gaze.

I look at him straightly.

He stretch a smile and caressed my my hair that is braided into two.

"Go back playing. I don't want you thinking those kind of stuff, okay? Wait for me here I'll just talk to ate Xandra and I'll play with you, okay? " he gently ask.

"No! I'll play with Onyx! " taranta kong saad.

I don't want to play with him. I don't like it when he treat me like toddler. I'm not a kid anymore! I'm already 10!

"Okay. I'll just watch you, is that alright? "

Nagdalawang isip pa ako but in the end I just nod.

Umalis sila and not long enough Onyx arrive.

We played dolls and cars and naghabulhabolan din kami.  Many hours passed but Dustin didn't return.

Natapos nalang kami sa paglalaro ay hindi pa din bumabalik si Dustin.

Nabasa ang damit ko dahil sa pawis because Onyx taught me soccer.

"You're wet. I'll call Yaya to get you my shirt. " he said as he touch the back of my shirt.

"No I'll just get it. Stop being a baby and don't rely on your Yaya that much. " I said at iniwan ko na siya dun.

Onyx is sometimes bratty. He let his Yaya do everything, even getting things for him that I'm sure he could do in his own.