Chapter 4

Nathaniel' pov (21 years old):

I jumped out of the car and rushed through the opened doors of the mansion, ignoring the guards. "Xavier! Xavier! Where are you!" I shouted, not caring about anyone thinking that I'm crazy. I'm on the verge of craziness anyway.

"Nathan? Why are you shouting?" Zander questioned. He just exited his room, rubbing his eyes which were red. He was probably sleeping and my shouting woke him up.

"Where's Xavier?" I frantically asked him. He looked concerned and worried now. "He's in his office upstairs. Wait why-" he was asking me but I was already halfway running up the stairs. I will deal with questions later. I ran to where Xavier's office was located.

With running many companies and a Mafia empire, Xavier and I have our own offices. When Xavier was old enough, he took over Dad's position as the Don. While I run the companies in the business world with Alexander helping me. Dad also helps us most of the times when he is not spending time with Mom. Zander and Damon decided to focus on studies for now and figure out whether they wanted to help in the business or the Mafia empire. However, Dad, me and the boys help out in the Mafia empire whenever we are needed. Mom doesn't really take part in them. She has her own business as she is the owner of her own fashion industry.

As soon as I reached Xavier's office, I opened the door and quickly went in. Xavier looked up from his papers. He looked tired. "I have told you all to never barge in like that," he said angrily. There was no time to acknowledge his anger right now.

I closed the door."Listen Xavier, I have a really important matter to discuss with you..." I hesitated, not knowing what his reaction may be. He looked annoyed, "Out with it already Nathaniel Knight, I haven't got all day, I have-"

"I think I saw Amara today" I blurted out, cutting him in between his sentences. He froze and the next second, he was out of his chair and holding my collar tightly, backing me up to the wall. "This is not funny Nathaniel! Never joke about that matter! Never about her!" He said through clenched teeth. His anger was surfacing. I could see it through his eyes.

"Xavier I'm not joking I swear! Do you think I will joke about this?" I said back, now angry. He knows I wouldn't ever joke about this. The coldness in his eyes seemed to waver a bit but didn't completely. I can tell that he is having a hard time believing me "But all these years-" he started to say but I cut him off again.

"I know Xavier, I know. But I bumped into this girl today. She had Mom's eyes and the same hair. I can't be sure if it is really our Amara and by the time I could check properly she was gone. But I really feel that it is really her. Call it a brother's instinct," I told him as I reminisced about the memory that happened earlier today.

Xavier let go of my collar. He walked to his desk and grabbed the edges of the table, clenching his hands and eyes tightly.

Xavier's pov (23 years old):

It can't be true. Can it? How is it possible? We searched everywhere and had no luck for 13 years. Now, Nathaniel claims that he has seen our sister. I remember all those memories with her. As the oldest, I felt that I had the biggest responsibility of taking care of her and protecting my sister. Not that I minded. I gladly did it. When she went missing, I felt as if I failed as an older brother. One who was incapable of protecting his own sister from being kidnapped. All these years, I wondered how she was doing. Was she being tortured? Was she being properly fed? Was she treated like a princess, the way she is supposed to be treated? Did she remember any of us? I highly doubt so because she was a baby when she last saw us. The thought of her not remembering us...me, made my heart clenched painfully.

I got my emotions together. If what Nathaniel said is true, my baby sister is still out there unaware of who her family is. I'm not going to keep my hopes high because the girl Nathaniel saw might not be Amara but that does not mean I'm not going to try and check this girl's identity.