Dry and Thirsty (Hogwarts Fanfiction)

Yo, yo, yo. I happen to adore Hogwarts okay. And I've actually imagined that I'm studying in the library of Hogwarts when I'm in class so I would be more determined.

Bleehh. It worked this quarter! Rank got higher by eleven places. /proud okkk. But I'm gonna drop now. I'm always so tired and I'm blabbing. Wiiieee. :D

___________________________________________________________________________

Chapter One

"Hey, hey, hey -- she looks mighty fine!" I said, pointing ferociously at the picture of three girls and a boy. It was moving, the boy - who stood in the middle - laughing merrily while the girls covered their faces, inaudibly giggling.

"She looks prettier though!" Debby placed a finger above the head of the curly-haired girl, on the middle too, beside the boy.

At a glance, one would've suspected they were Ravenclaws at the lack of color of the photograph. But the others were Hufflepuffs. I would know since I saw them in the halls quite frequently enough. We were just having our afternoon session...

"Isn't that that girl?" I asked, pulling Debby by the sleeve of her robe and leaning in on the table. We spotted the Ravenclaw in a blue robe holding a binder under her right arm and trying to spot a book, her elbow sticking out.

"Yeah... she is! Hmm. Her hair's curlier in the photo than in person though," Debby commented, perusing the picture.

Once a week, at least, we have a set of photos we share with each other and we discuss those persons' lives. If it were up to us, we'd do it at the Great Hall, or a cafe at Hogsmeade, but we wouldn't want other people knowing of our activities, would we now?

"Photogenic people," I rolled my eyes. "Duck, duck!" I bowed my head low and willed her to do the same. Oh no...

He strutted - is that the right term? - in and headed directly to Ava's direction. Such a pretty name for a nearly perfect girl. If I'm paying attention, I actually sighed aloud. Don't get me wrong, I bet he doesn't know me personally, but I've known who he is ever since the second week we've stepped foot in Hogwarts.

 It was all due to this scroll you could buy at Diagon Alley. It was a typical bookstore, though not really always seen by people scurrying to their destinations. Well, I had the time when I was buying supplies for my third year. I entered that shop not expecting to buy anything -- I mean, yes, there were lots of wonderful books, but I never liked spending my pocket money. I browsed for at least five minutes on each shelf, until there were no more unusual books in display. I was still bored, and I ventured to the supplies section. Shocking how an old bookstore would still sell supplies. I already had mine though, and preferred those, as they were quite newer than what they were selling. But something caught my attention. It was a normal scroll, yeah, but it wasn't rolled up. It was just symmetrically folded. I know; what a stupid reason. But it just seemed to catch my interest.

And I bought it anyway. I'm still doubting myself as to why the heck I even wasted money just to buy that scroll. And especially now. Right at this moment, here in the library, being in his presence.