CHAPTER 1

-"to heal a wound you need to stop touching it"-

............

Zubiya's POV

I step outside the car, as it pulls up to the hospital. 'Neelum Valley', hopefully my new home and a place where I could start over with a clean slate and forget about the old me, the one who..... forget about that Zubiya, I mentally chided myself. No need to waste time on unnecessary thoughts, I had to leave them behind or I would never move on and if I didn't even try then I would fall back into the circle; the circle of insecurity, negativity and sadness and I'm scared that if I allow that to happen again, it will destroy me.

Finally picking up the courage I step inside the lobby and almost immediately a wave of homeliness drifts over me. I take slow steps towards the room which will decide my fate. In where they will measure if I'm worthy enough to be part of their team. Having little experience I know its bit of a gamble to apply at a place where remarkable doctors work but fingers-crossed they'll see something in me worthwhile.

I quietly knock on the door as a warm voice invites me in.

"Good Morning Sir, I'm Dr. Zubiya Khalil, I'm here for the job opening for a lady doctor", I say while sitting down at the chair across the man behind the desk.

"Ah, welcome Dr. Zubiya, I'm Dr. Shehroze and I will be conducting your interview", he says while extending his hand which I timidly shake, "Don't be nervous, I'll just ask you a few questions and then we'll decide if you fit the portfolio we're looking for". Even though he said not to be nervous I just nod at his words still pretty nervous.

He then proceeds to ask me a few basic questions about my studies, past experiences, etc. Halfway through the interview I begin to relax and answer the questions more confidently until he asks me a question which throws me off a little.

"It says here you're from Lahore and there are a lot of good hospitals there, so why so far away?", he asks, looking at my CV.

"Um, I guess you can say I was tired of the city life, I've always been someone who seeks peace and simplicity and this place fit the bill for me, plus I like to challenge myself and I think this hospital will help me do that", I answer truthfully other than the circumstances which led me here, I've always loved to settle in a quiet and beautiful place like there.

"I believe you but I don't think that's the only reason, anyways I like you Dr. Zubiya you remind me of how I used to be in my younger days and I think you'd be a good addition to our team, I'll discuss with Dr. Asfandyar and let you know, who by the way will be your mentor if we decide to keep you", he says while smiling warmly. "It was nice to meet you; we'll let you know by tomorrow 9 p.m. of our decision".

I take that as a hint to leave and gather my things, thanking him on the way out.

I step outside and take deep breaths to calm myself as I sit in the car. That went pretty well...I think?, don't stress about it Zubiya, I tell myself. Everything's in Allah's hands, all we can do is pray and hope. I told myself as I prepared myself for long drive to Islamabad.

...........................

Hey everyone first chapter is up so read and enjoy. I know its short but don't worry bigger things are coming!
Vote, comment and share!💕
P.S. I'd love to hear your feedback