Two

Augustina

The morning sun peeked through the curtain disturbing my slumber, along side my alarm clock that was currently wailing at me to wake up. I had classes in about two hours and I felt as if I couldn't be bothered, I trudged out of bed and walked to the bathroom turning on the shower with warm water and peeling off my pajamas.

"Fuck it's hot." I hissed in pain once the steaming water touched my shoulder.

Simmering the heat, I washed my hair and my body, shaving all the areas I needed too. Before I knew it my shower was over and I brushed my teeth and blow dried my hair till it was straight.

I had gotten ready surprising quick, leaving me an extra hour to do what I want.

I walked to my kitchen and placed the kettle on my stove, letting the flame boil the water that was within. While waiting I decided to turn on the tv since there was nothing better to do.

"Jeremy Buckner, an English professor from the local community college, was found dead this morning. Upon investigation, they found a single white rose lodged in the esophagus, the head of the flower inside Jeremy's mouth. You know what this means, ladies and gentlemen, Red Eyes has struck once more."

"Jesus, are they ever going to catch that maniac?" A voice spoke, causing me to jump.

"Fuck, Lisa, you scared the shit out of me." I let out a breathy laugh.

Lisa was my best friend, the one person who I love that is still alive. Her blonde hair was in curls and reached right above her bum. Her red lips pulled back in a smile, as she handed me a brown paper bag.

"Hopefully this will make up for me scaring you." She walked away from me and into the kitchen, where she removed the screeching kettle.

"Ooh is it drugs?" I smirked sitting on my couch as she peered over at me from the counter.

"Dang, how'd you know?" She laughed and began to pour the hot water into two mugs.

"Lucky guess." I shrugged, opening the bag and finding a bagel with cream cheese. "Yes, thanks LiLi."

There was a small bakery around the corner from my apartment and as God is my witness, those bagels were from the heavens.

"Anytime love," she spoke as she sat beside me, passing me the tea she had prepared for the both of us.

I set my mug on the coffee table, taking a bite out of my bagel and letting the delicious flavor dance around my taste buds. Our attention was back on the TV where the woman continued to talk about how some innocent man was murdered. I internally let out a snort.

Innocent my ass.

"How can somebody do something so vile?" Lisa mumbled and sipped her drink.

"No idea."

****

"Hello students, I am going to be filling in for Mr. Buckner. I'm sure you all heard the horrendous news, on what happened to him. May the person who did such a thing, rot in hell."

Hey, if I do, maybe I'll see Jeremy there...

"Anyways, I've been informed that you were perviously assigned a ten page paper on-"

The professor was interrupted by the loud squeaking of the classroom door. Everybody's gaze, including my own, turned to look at the tardy student.

"Welcome, what is your name, son?"

"Harry." He spoke monotonously, "uh, I'm new."

"Have a seat, Harry." The teacher motioned, and began to talk about the ten page paper, that I was probably not going to do.

However, I wasn't paying any attention, something else held my gaze. I watched as Harry walked all the way to the other side of the classroom, sitting at an empty desk. He began to look around the classroom, and soon enough his vibrant green eyes, landed on mine. I didn't look away, though. I didn't show him I was intimidated by him, truth be told... I wasn't.

I have experienced too much to be intimidated by such things, nothing scared me anymore. The only thing that possibly terrified me was myself.

We stared at each other for about two minutes until he tore his sight away from me.

He's an unusual one...

The bell rang, and I grabbed my bag, leaving the classroom immediately.

"Tina!" The shrilly voice yelled from across the courtyard.

Jesus fucking Christ.

"What is it, Macy?" I spoke as the red head finally reached me. Macy was very, very, annoying, but she was also very compassionate and caring when my entire family was murdered, so I owed her that.

"Did you see the new boy in our Lit class?" She smirked as we walked side by side.

"Is everything about boys for you Macy?" I spoke and reached into my bag pulling out a little cardboard box.

"Most of the time, yeah. You have to admit though," she paused and watched me open the box, pulling a cigarette out and placing it between my lips, "He's easy on the eyes."

"Never said he wasn't." I spoke and lit the stick.

"Well I'm going to go, since I'm trying this new thing where I don't get lung cancer."

I rolled my eyes.

"Bye, Augustina."

"See you, Mace." I mumbled, and inhaled the toxins. Smoking is truly disgusting, but this was my stress reliever. I started after the deaths of my family, I found my dad's stack in his room while I was cleaning out their home. I decided to try it and low and behold, here I am, taking after my father.

"Excuse me?"

"Yes?" I questioned, not turning to look at whoever was talking to me.

"Do you have a light?"

I finally decided to see who else shared the fucking horrible habit I contained, and once again, my eyes met with vibrant green ones.

"Yeah," I tossed him my blue lighter.

"Thanks," his pink lips pinched the cigarette, and it was soon ablaze. "I'm Harry."

"I know."

Hope you're enjoying my story so far! Please vote, and comment! Also, I'm going to updated on Wednesdays, so yaaaay! If I'm ever going to be late on an update (hopefully I won't) I will post a message on my profile!

Stay Snazzy!

- Callie. x