Chapter 4- Out Of The Ordinary

"WHAT?!" Charlie exclaimed, trying to process what Cassidy and all the other kids had requested of her.

"Go back to Hurricane...?" She muttered, and her breath quickened a little. Sparky immediately rested it's head onto Charlie's shoes in reply.

"We're sorry, Charlie," Gabriel said after a few moments had passed. "It's just that-"

"You're the only one who can see us!" Susie cut-in.

"And if he's back, you and other innocent people are at risk." Jeremy concluded.

Charlie flopped down onto a nearby ottoman, trying to piece it all together.

"So... the person who murdered you..."

"-escaped hell and is back from the dead." Cassidy finished.

"...And he's back, in Hurricane? And I need to find him...?"

"-so you can stop whatever evil-doing he's... doing." Fritz explained.

All the ghosts nodded their heads slowly and avoided eye contact with each other.

Charlie sunk her head into her hands. It seemed like the entire universe was working against her wishes and pushing her to go to Hurricane, but she wasn't ready-

It's been seven years. A little voice affirmed from the back of her head. You are ready.

But was she?

Charlie sat in silence for a few moments, an air of dread filling the room. A thousand thoughts flooded her mind all at once, all battling with each other. She had to go, she didn't owe the kid's anything, she would have to go back eventually anyway, she never wanted to see that place again, she needed a change of scenery, and Elizabeth-

Eventually, she sat straight up and placed her hands on her lap. The ghosts watched her expectantly, waiting for Charlie's reply.

"Okay," she exhaled. "I'll go."

~~~

"You're sure you've got everything?" Aunt Jen asked, staring at the large pile of bags and suitcases haphazardly shoved into the back of her S.U.V.

Charlie recounted the bags under her breath another time and picked up Sparky from off the driveway.

"Yes, I'm sure."

Charlie had called Elizabeth back the next morning after they first talked, informing her she'd be taking a trip down to Hurricane, and they discussed plans to meet two days later. Charlie told her Aunt about her abrupt plans, who raised her eyebrows when told where Charlie would be staying for a whole week- her father's old house. Despite Aunt Jen's protests, Charlie brushed off her concern with a simple;

"I'll be fine."

That morning Charlie had woken up and felt the sun was shining a bit brighter. She had found that her mission given to her by the ghosts, even if a hassle, made her feel a little more determined when it came to getting out of bed. But the most exciting thing, Charlie felt, was being able to see Elizabeth again.

They had so much to catch up on after all those years, after all.

Charlie set down Sparky on the passenger seat of the car, and turned the key in the ignition.

"And, call me when you get there- and call me if you need anything!" Aunt Jen yelled to Charlie from the porch. Charlie rolled up the window and waved one last time at her aunt, before driving down the driveway and down the road to Hurricane.

~~~

A/N: Mini Chapter :)) And thank you guys for the comments and votes! It really warms my heart ;;