𝟻 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚂𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚠𝚊𝚕𝚔

"ⁱᶠ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒⁿᵉ ᵗʳⁱᵉˢ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱⁿ ᵐʸ ʷᵃʸ, ⁱ'ˡˡ ᵏⁿᵒᶜᵏ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵒᵘᵗ!"- ᵃʳᵉⁿ ᵏᵘᵇᵒʸᵃˢᵘ

- ᵃʳᵉⁿ ᵏᵘᵇᵒʸᵃˢᵘ

(꒪Д꒪)ノ

- 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚘𝚘𝚗 -

The sun was shining, birds were chirping, and it wasn't too cloudy either. It was, overall, a wonderful day.

You were walking home from school with the bag straps on your shoulder. Far in the distance, there is a blob on the sidewalk.

Walking closer, you realised that this blob is a person. He was hunched over. He wore a dark brown cardigan and cargo shorts, hugging his knees.

Immediately, you thought that he was somehow in trouble. You didn't know what it was, and tapped him on the back.

"Are you alright?" You asked, concerned.

The man looked up, and started crying. "My mother's sick and needs some food, but I don't have enough money to buy her the proper medicine or pay the bills," he sniffs, "And I just got fired today, too."

This hit you right in the feels.

You couldn't help but pity the man. Opening your bag, you were about to hand him some money, until you heard his thoughts. 'She's beautiful, so she must have a lot of money to spare. Did she really believe that fake story, what a bimbo!'

Then, it felt like glass shattered around you. What a horrible man! You thought, zipping your bag closed with much sass. Forcing a polite smile, you gave it your all to not punch this shady dude out of this earth.
"I'm afraid I can't help you."

"Bye then," you say, leaving him in the dust and walking away. Mr-Shady-Fake-Scammer had other thoughts though.

Without thinking, the man took your bag and started running. Leaving you in absolute disbelief.

"Wha-Hey!"

Your entire allowance was in that wallet. After saving money for 4 years, you would be damned if you let a single penny go to waste!

You started running as fast as you could, trying to make the man trip. Using your psychic powers, you placed an obstacle in front of him. But what came next baffled you.

The man cartwheeled over it, and continued running.

'What the-'

How on earth did he manage to cartwheel over an obstacle that's high enough to reach his chest? You frowned, continuing the chase.

Your mouth gaped as you saw him parkour over a moving car that was blocking his way. He was completely unfazed.

How was that possible? You cautiously crossed the road at quick as you could, embarrassed from the honking of other cars. You kept running, and almost felt as if your lungs were collapsing.

You couldn't believe your eyes - the man was running even more faster than he did before.

What is he, Tom Cruise on steroids?!

Does God just hate you?
What kind of cursed sorcery is this?

Ok, if I can't make him trip, then I'll at least make the bag fall of his shoulder!

The bag fell down on the street. You were in glee, finally, I can have my bag! Panic rushed to your brain as he quickly took the bag straps again and was about to sprint.

I'm too far away, I won't reach him in time!
You internally screamed, frustrated with the man's unrelenting determination to steal your stuff.

Until...
Aren Kuboyasu came.

Luckily, Kuboyasu was right in front of the man. Seeing you running after the bag, he responded to the situation by courageously grasping the man's collar. Kuboyasu grabbed your bag with his other hand, gripping it tightly.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Kuboyasu thundered, staring Mr-Shady-Scammer dead in the eye.

Kuboyasu looked over to you, and saw a mess of a girl. You could barely stand. Your hands were on your knees, unable to run any more.

You were sure that you looked like that one meme where a woman tried to Instagram pose by squatting but then ending up cramping.

"Haa-ah. Haa..."
This was it. Oxygen were harshly inhaled through your nose, and you felt like you were dying.

"That...bag...mine."
You said, trying to walk to Kuboyasu's direction. Ah, it feels like your spine has given up on existing.

Kuboyasu promptly took note of your face, and started acting strange. He gasped, and hurriedly said, "No, it's no problem," Kuboyasu smiles widely, and hands you the bag.

You took it, and oh-wow. Was your bag always this heavy? Or was it because you were unathletic and it felt like you were running a hundred miles per hour?

The last one, for sure, yeah. You were pretty unathletic. You were more of an educational type, and not the sports type. "Thank you, Kuboyasu." You responded, gasping for air.

"And you are...?" he questioned, tilting his head to the side. As a new student that came after you, he's seen you in class but never got to ask for your name.

"Y/N L/N, pleasure to meet you." You wiped the sweat from your hand on your shirt before you shook Kuboyasu's hand, feeling tired from the whole ordeal.

Suddenly, the man broke free of Kuboyasu's grip and ran fast in the opposite direction.
'That little-" Kuboyasu grit his teeth, and swerved his body to catch the thief.

"No-it's ok, really." You say, patting him on the back. You stand up straight, meeting his eyes.

With every gratefulness you could muster, you eagerly say, "I was in a tight bind, I'm glad you came by!"

A grin.
"Bro." Kuboyasu raised an eyebrow at this, and thought despite your elegant looks you had somewhat of tomboyish way of speaking.

'Haha', you think, 'I don't want to be just seen as a pretty face, it's thanks to my brother's personality that I'm able to connect with other guys.' Your eyes twinkle with an idea, and asked Kuboyasu whether he'd like to eat some ramen.

Unfortunately, he's got other plans and had to leave. 'Next time,' you thought.

"No problem, Kuboyasu, I'll be seeing you in class next Monday." You waved your goodbye, ready for the weekend to begin.

You headed to your home at a slow pace. You didn't want more cramps to happen. Why would you risk walking faster, only to suffer unbearable pain? No way.

_

Saiki, who heard your adrenaline-rushed thoughts teleported in a nearby alley. Only to see you huffing and puffing, after Kuboyasu's gotten your bag.

Saiki decides to walks to his house in the opposite direction of where you were, noticing that the thief's been taken care of.

He's never seen you become so exhausted before. Saiki reflected that despite how perfect you looked, you weren't perfect, were you?

That day, Saiki felt a just little more accepting of your existence in his own space.

But you still had a long way to go to earn his heart.