Chapter 2 - The Boy

Taco walked into her P.E. class and noticed that Ramen and Pizza were there, too. As she walked over to them, she bumped into someone. "Oh my god. I am so sorry."

"It's alright." The boy said with a smile. "You're the new girl, right? I'm Tamale. Sometimes people call me Hot Tamale" He said with a wink. Taco smiled back.

"I'm Taco. Founder of Drake Bell." She replied. Tamale laughed. Her heart skipped a beat.

"It was nice meeting you, Taco Bell." He grinned. "I guess I'll see you around, then."

"Yeah." Taco responded. Tamale left and went to his group of friends. She mouthed, "Whoa." Taco hadn't felt anything like that about a boy ever since Challah. It didn't quite work out, and her old friend Spam told her he was dating someone now.

Taco meandered over to her new friends, still in a trance. Pizza and Ramen looked at her confused. Pizza was the first to break the silence. "What's happened to you?"

Taco looked them in the eyes and finally came back to earth. "Oh, nothing." Taco answered. "Just some cute boy. It's nothing."

"Ooh," Ramen did an eyebrow dance. "Who is it?"

"His name is Tamale." Taco responded.

"Hot Tamale?" Pizza and Ramen said in unison. So people did call him that, Taco thought.

Ramen continued, "No. You can't like Tamale. That's Pasta's best friend. Best friends are off limits to friends. That's like, the rules of feminism.." Ramen remarked. "But don't worry. I won't tell Pasta. It'll be.. our little secret." Ramen winked.

Taco smiled at Ramen's reassurance. But she wondered why Tamale was off limits, since they're only best friends, right? So why was Ramen making a big deal out of nothing?

*Some time later*

The bell rang, signaling the next period. Taco had band, which she was excited for. She loved playing music.

She froze when she saw that she was in the same class as Tamale.. again. But got even more nervous when she saw Ramen talking to Pasta. She was worried that Pasta would find out.

"Hey." Taco jumped at the sudden sound. She turned around to see Pizza. She giggled. "Sorry." Taco nodded in acknowledgment. "So you're in band, too?"

"Yeah. I play clarinet." Taco replied.

"No way! Tamale does too! Maybe you two will sit next to each other!" Pizza said happily. She seemed excited. Weird, Taco thought. She and Pizza walked over to Pasta and Ramen.

"Hey guys."