Au Revoir, Home. [Emily day piece]

She knew she couldn't really leave without saying goodbye.

Besides, she still had all her belongings at the studio. They couldn't stay there.

So, she was coming back. To spend one last night at the studio, to appreciate the silence and peace and specialness of Studio A—the place that started it all.

Flashback

The 4 year old happily said goodbye to her mother and made her way to the barre and twirled in her pretty blue leotard, pointing her feet gracefully, proudly.

"You're not turning your feet out right" she told the other girl next to her, matter-of-factly, as she always did.

"Oh" the dark-haired girl proceeded to change the position of her feet.

"Don't worry. We can all work hard and then we can get better" the small blonde said positively.

The girl smiled at that. "I like your leotard"

"Thanks. I got it at Walmart. Mommy said it was 'on sale'. I don't know what that is. But it's very pretty." Emily said, looking at her leotard fondly. "I like your tutu and your ribbons"

"Thank you, I got them for my birthday." the girl replied.

"When was it?"

"Oh, last week on Sunday."

"That's nice."

"What's your name?"

"Emily. What's yours?"

The girl was quiet for a bit.

"Stephanie."

End of flashback

As she stepped foot inside the place she could very well call home, she turned the light of that beautiful chandelier dimly on and stood underneath it, reliving the memories, the good and bad, she had made through the years.

The day she made the resolution to become a better person.

The day they won Regionals. Her heart broke then—yet she felt selfish for feeling so bad when they had won such a victory. So she tried to keep it to herself.

The day she met him. She didn't realise at the time that she would eventually fall head-over-heels in love with him. They were just helping each other fall back in love with another. They didn't quite reach their goal in the end, but they got something better. Each other.

The fun she had with him in the costume closet, how deep inside she didn't really ever want that moment to end.

The day he kissed her. How that kiss was everything she ever wanted a kiss to be.

The day she 'reverted' back to her old ways to try to save the team. The heartbreak and pain she felt as she saw her teammates think so low of her, so quickly, so easily. She felt she deserved it, really.

The day she had to break up with him. The despair, the heartache was indescribable, yet she tried to put up a brave face. No one, not even her sister, ever realised the pain she went through, how much she truly loved him.

The day she was exposed. She was relieved when the team apologised and praised her. That time had not exactly been the best.

The day the goofy Compass dude asked her out and gave her the love she denied giving herself. She really did appreciate it, and it made her almost cry when she thought of his kind, warm, funny yet serious nature who saw in her what no one else did.