Jasper Chapter 18

Unknown P.O.V

I eyed each of the rogues cautiously as they filled the large, underground room. They kept their eyes on me as well. I knew there was some trust to be had between us, but for what they knew was that I was their only hope.

Idiots.

"Where's the girl?" My fingers thrummed against the arm of the chair almost impatiently while they looked among one another like small children. "Well?" My teeth gritted as I begun to feel my blood boil because I'm sure I knew the answer.

"We were unable to bring her. Fallacy got her back because she outwitted us."

My eyes snapped to the one who spoke and I arose from my seat, "Outwitted?" I chuckled out loud and made my way to the vampire, "You were outwitted by a pregnant girl..."

My hand reached down into my pocket and I felt the cold handle of my dagger. Everyone watched me in silence as I got into this monster's face. He stared at me coldly and didn't move.

"I apologize my lord."

I snickered before plunging my blade deep into the heart of this demon, "Of course you do." I whispered darkly into his ear before he dissipated into nothing but dust.

********************************************
Fallacy's P.O.V

I was deep into my studies. The moon had finally rose and the books splayed around the library was a mess. I could feel the pinge of a headache beginning to take form but I had to ignore it.

"Fallacy. How is you're studying going."

My book lowered for me to see a gruff looking monster in front of me. He wore a shredded cape but the collar was high passed his eyes. Scars speckled him like random slashes of paint and he looked at me grimly.

"They're going well father." I lowered my gaze from him and felt myself going sour but the tip of the metal cane felt cold against my chin as he forced my eyes on him. I could see the anger in his eyes and he shook his head.

Displeased he spoke, "Your manners hasn't changed. I'll find someone to fix that for you."

My fingers dug some into my book, "Yes father."

He eyed me dangerously, "Or else I'll fix it for you." The cold metal was removed from my chin as he turned his back on me once again shaking his head, "Where did I go wrong." He spat quietly at me and I swear I felt as though he had sliced through the little bit of love I had left.

He spoke once more, "I've arranged you to be married next year."

This time I threw down my book as it hit the table and the next thing I felt was the stinging pain of the metal hitting my cheek. Hot blood trickled down the cut and now my father was so close to me that he could sink his fangs into my neck and end me if he wanted to. I could feel his breath on my face and I kept myself from baring my fangs.

"You don't have a choice. This will bring vampires closer together. The war will end and the council will be back together. Do I make myself clear?"

I didn't dare move, "Yes father." I felt dangerously close to attacking.

He didn't waste any time to leave me in the studies. More and more books were given to me to learn and read. An heir needs to be knowledgeable and able to fight appropriately. There was no love, only tasks. I felt like a sacrifice to this kingdom but I was born into it.

"Fallacy..." My mother was standing in the doorway of the library, only one of the large doors were open, "Are you okay?" Her voice was soothing and she gracefully went to my side. I felt her fingers brushing against my cheek as she examined the cut. A sigh fell from her lips as her sleeve wiped the blood away, "You know your father only wants the best for you."

"He wants what's best for the kingdom." I said bitterly and felt myself close to tears.

She bent down and pressed herself against me in a hug, "It's not like that. He is readying you as well as he can before you become king. When you marry we will still be here for you, and you will be able to have a new family of your own."

My mother reached around her neck and pulled off a pendant before she dangled the chain on her fingers. I held my hand out and she placed the pendant in my palm.

She smiled, "This is a family heirloom. When you get married you're suppose to place it around your wife's neck."

""What is that?" I pointed to the stone.

"That's a Jasper, it means support, tranquility, and wholeness. You might not feel much now but when you find love, you will find your purpose." My mother placed a small kiss on my head and I instead closed my eyes and felt safe.

Love...

- Heya! Here is a new chapter for all of you beautiful people! I had some free time on my hands and instead of doing some school work (cause my brain was mush from tests) I decided not to!! Anyways, I hope you all enjoy this chapter and I shall see you guys in the next chapter! Byeee -